PDA

View Full Version : Practice track

mxdad423
11-19-2013, 03:07 PM
Hey guys, lookin for somebody in our area with knowledge on building a decent mx practice track, got the spot and equipment just need somebody to put it all togeather. We live approx 60 miles south of Pittsburgh. U can call or text me at 724-880-3829

Thanks
Kevin

CdaleXtreme
12-02-2013, 03:24 PM
Hey there. 10 year racing veteran in PA. Have worked with many tracks, on layout and facility.

Before you sock any money into this. Be sure to check local ordinances on run-off, noise and dust.

Think about who you will and won't let ride, they can be liabilities as well as add to your noise and dust factors. Once you have track many new "friends" will come out of the woodwork.

Finally, as far as layout, this is relative to terrain, access to water, dirt and budget.

Track priorities:

1. Safety
2. Maintenance
3. Challenge

A lot of riding injuries happen off race weekends because people are riding at unsafe or poorly thought out practice facilities. Don't let this be your kids or neighbors.

If you want to talk more hit me up: 814-207-2117

mxdad423
12-03-2013, 11:24 AM
Hey there. 10 year racing veteran in PA. Have worked with many tracks, on layout and facility.

Before you sock any money into this. Be sure to check local ordinances on run-off, noise and dust.

Think about who you will and won't let ride, they can be liabilities as well as add to your noise and dust factors. Once you have track many new "friends" will come out of the woodwork.

Finally, as far as layout, this is relative to terrain, access to water, dirt and budget.

Track priorities:

1. Safety
2. Maintenance
3. Challenge

A lot of riding injuries happen off race weekends because people are riding at unsafe or poorly thought out practice facilities. Don't let this be your kids or neighbors.

If you want to talk more hit me up: 814-207-2117

Ok, i will give u a shout in next day or 2. Dust, noise and so on wont b a problem, property is an old farm with absolutley no neighbors even remotely close, property has been in family for very long time. As far as riders, 3 and 3 only, no exceptions, and all of us has already sighned off and notorized no responsibility on injuries. I know there will b many people out of woodwork but will b no exceptions, just cant take that chance.
The safety part of it is exactly why i wanted somebody who is experienced in track building, there is no substitution for safety in any part of this sport.
Thanks, will b contacting u soon.

Kevin