PDA

View Full Version : Favorite concert of all time! come on music fans!

2001400exrida
11-11-2013, 09:57 AM
Ok, i'm a big nerd when it comes to music, i love live shows, so i figured we could liven up the forum by talking about some of the greatest shows we've seen.

My most recent was Georgia Florida Line (country), it was a great show but i didn't think it was in my top 10.

Best show ever would have to go to Ted Nugent about 15 years ago, the guy blew me away!

Hornbreaker
11-11-2013, 10:28 AM
We can't forget "WOODSTOCK" The best week long show ever!

Rich250RRacer
11-11-2013, 05:56 PM
Can't be from any current country singers. I see nearly all newer country music singers as sell-outs who make songs with silly, absurd lyrics. I'm sure Johnny Cash, Hank, Merle, and many other would be or are ashamed of what country music has become. "Chew tobacco, chew tobacco, chew tobacco, spit".............yeah, that's quality.

quad2xtreme
11-11-2013, 08:49 PM
KISS back in '77 or '78 in Pittsburgh's Civic Arena - they truly defined putting on a show like no others. Also attended several memorable Jimmy Buffett concerts...and at least one I don't remember. :-)

miller821
11-11-2013, 09:31 PM
Hands down.... Taylor Swift.

Wired
11-12-2013, 06:39 AM
Rage Agaisnt The Machine in Melbourne Australia 2008. 100,000 people going ape sh@t together. Awesome!

2001400exrida
11-12-2013, 07:20 AM
Hands down.... Taylor Swift.

for real? I know she's got fans, but honestly I feel all her music sounds the same with that little whiney voice :) To each their own though. I see you're down in Mairon IL. You ever ride LEOR? I love that spot!

I've got some friends that love RUSH and have loved them for decades, has anybody had the privelage of seeing RUSH live? their ticket prices are through the roof and every show still sells out to this day.

miller821
11-12-2013, 10:49 AM
for real? I know she's got fans, but honestly I feel all her music sounds the same with that little whiney voice :) To each their own though. I see you're down in Mairon IL. You ever ride LEOR? I love that spot!

I've got some friends that love RUSH and have loved them for decades, has anybody had the privelage of seeing RUSH live? their ticket prices are through the roof and every show still sells out to this day.

For real, but I've only been to 3 concerts... Her music may not be the best, but she was definitely a great entertainer.

I ride LEOR quite a bit, it's about 10 minutes from my house... Where you from?

2001400exrida
11-12-2013, 11:38 AM
Up near Champaign, IL.

Went to school in Carbondale and have several buddies down there. I also do some of the indoor series in Du Quoin. Well i did 1 last year and as soon as my quad comes out of rebuild i plan to hit a few more there.

miller821
11-12-2013, 01:05 PM
Nice, I actually work and live in carbondale now, and was just up in champaign earlier this year for a couple months. You probably don't go to LEOR as much anymore, but if you do just shoot me a pm and I'll try and meet you out there

2001400exrida
11-13-2013, 08:03 AM
I get down there with the 400ex about twice a year. Speaking of shows, i once saw Pantera at the Copper Dragon over by Pinch, talk about a mosh pit!

alanbmx
11-13-2013, 08:49 AM
day 2 of the 1983 US festival, heavy metal day. 400,000 people in sunny socal, ozzy,judas priest, scorpions , and van halen were the headliners, opening the day was motley crew on thier first tour

fastredrider44
11-13-2013, 05:01 PM
I ride LEOR quite a bit, it's about 10 minutes from my house... Where you from?
I'm yet to meet you there... One of these days.

I recently went to the Trapt/Theory of a Deadman concert at the DuQuoin State Fair. For being a "cheap" concert, I thought it kicked ***. Couldn't hear out of my right ear for a while though. haha

Rich250R, how right you are. Chew Tobacco, spit. Gosh, It's retarded. I want to like some of the new artists, but they make it hard. Country aint country no more. It's more like classic country and pop country.

BlasterEaten250
11-14-2013, 09:06 AM
For me it's a toss up between Brad Paisley or Five Finger Death Punch. I have a pretty wide taste in music :chinese:

miller821
11-14-2013, 02:44 PM
I'm yet to meet you there... One of these days.

I recently went to the Trapt/Theory of a Deadman concert at the DuQuoin State Fair. For being a "cheap" concert, I thought it kicked ***. Couldn't hear out of my right ear for a while though. haha

Rich250R, how right you are. Chew Tobacco, spit. Gosh, It's retarded. I want to like some of the new artists, but they make it hard. Country aint country no more. It's more like classic country and pop country.

Sounds like we all need to plan a time to meet up out there...

Between DuQuoin, Herrin Fest, and Pinch/Copper quite a few big/good bands come through southern Illinois

Fix29
11-14-2013, 03:05 PM
I don't go to a ton of concerts but I did see Eric Church last year in St. Louis and I was pretty impressed. Also been a while but, I have seen Story of the Year several years ago in STL and that was an awesome show for sure.

rollie
11-14-2013, 06:55 PM
Parkway drive.

chronicsmoke
11-15-2013, 06:21 AM
So many good ones....
Paul McCartney at the ACC
Billy Joel/Elton John Face2Face tour (siiick)
System of a Down in like ~2004 (mezmorize/hypnotize tour)
Zeds Dead (x3)
Skrillex (x2) visual effects are insane
Kings of Leon
Holly Springs Disaster
Killswitch Engage ~2004
Steve Aoki
John Mayer Trio
too many good ones to list off the top of my head... lol

2001400exrida
11-15-2013, 08:00 AM
I admit, i saw billy joel and it was awesome. He came out of the stage on a rising piano, and that guy can rock the keys.

also saw dave mathews and his shows are incredible, i believe he has one of the best drummers in the world the guy rocked a drum solo for about 20 minutes!

D Bergstrom
11-15-2013, 01:19 PM
Last show I saw was Rascal Flatts back in July. Not much of a country music guy, but they are the girlfriends favorite band, (I bet see has seen them 20 times over the years!) and I did enjoy the show, they were good. Didn't hurt that we saw them outdoors up in Lake Tahoe, great place to see a show!

Favorite show has to be Rush, seen them three or four times over the years, always put on a awesome show. Some other shows that stand out were Godsmack, Motley Crew and Scorpion's, and Van Halen. I got to see Slaughter (Vegas is their hometown) at a small club back in the mid 90's, that was an awesome show. Was so loud my ears rang for three days after that one!

Doug

mikey726
11-23-2013, 09:34 AM
I've been to a couple really good shows. The best one was Queensryche and Suicidal Tendencies after the building empires tour where they played the full Operation: Mindcrime album. Suicidal was awesome too. I saw the evening with Metallica concert a couple times, the Clash of the Titans tour with Alice in Chains, Anthrax, Megadeth and Slayer. I saw the Ramones a couple times, opening for White Zombie and then Ozzy, and I thought they were great live. Most recent show was The Black Dahlia Murder, and a couple bands I didn't care about.

OldGuyonaQuad
11-23-2013, 11:36 AM
I have to agree with quad2extreme in that back in the day Kiss put on a great live performance that set the bar for many artists to come. I've been to many rock concerts but for my money the best live performer hands down is Elton John. The guy is a true pro (that's y he dropped Billy Joel from his tour). Funny I never saw Jimmy buffet ( I hear his concerts are a party no surprise) and I have never bought any of his records yet I know every word to every song he has ever written.

v1theo
11-24-2013, 08:06 PM
Elton John in Las Vegas smaller venue , way back 1977 Kiss

blaster99
11-26-2013, 10:39 PM
I just got back from a killer Slayer and Gojira show... not the best Ive seen but damn... what a show!

ben300
11-27-2013, 08:12 AM
So many good ones....
Paul McCartney at the ACC
Billy Joel/Elton John Face2Face tour (siiick)
System of a Down in like ~2004 (mezmorize/hypnotize tour)
Zeds Dead (x3)
Skrillex (x2) visual effects are insane
Kings of Leon
Holly Springs Disaster
Killswitch Engage ~2004
Steve Aoki
John Mayer Trio
too many good ones to list off the top of my head... lol

been wanting to see steve aoki for a bit now.

if you like him, bass nectar is a must. he doesnt, himself do much on stage like aoki does, but the visual effects are absolutely amazing, especially in smaller venues.

patrickj75
11-27-2013, 08:56 AM
I've got some friends that love RUSH and have loved them for decades, has anybody had the privelage of seeing RUSH live? their ticket prices are through the roof and every show still sells out to this day.[/QUOTE]

I've been to several RUSH shows since '94. Worth every penny. They usually play for 2.5 hours or so. No opening band.

OldGuyonaQuad
11-28-2013, 08:44 AM
I have to give an honorable mention to Motley Crew, I went to crew fest a couple of summers ago, you got to love any concert where 1/2 the girls life their shirts up....girls girls girls!!!

mineralgrey01gt
12-01-2013, 07:00 PM
Stone Temple Pilots for myself

jake55
12-03-2013, 10:02 AM
zz top after burner tour.

stage looked like a dash board from an old car, like the one used in the legs video, they were playin all the old stuff then when the fuel gauge hit half tank the dash rolled over to look like the cockpit of a fighter jet. once the fuel gauge showed empty billy gibbons walked over, tapped it a few times as if it were broke, turned to the crowed and said "screw it, lets rock" they played at least anouther hour on an empty tank.

edwardsp&b
12-04-2013, 02:27 PM
zz top after burner tour.

stage looked like a dash board from an old car, like the one used in the legs video, they were playin all the old stuff then when the fuel gauge hit half tank the dash rolled over to look like the cockpit of a fighter jet. once the fuel gauge showed empty billy gibbons walked over, tapped it a few times as if it were broke, turned to the crowed and said "screw it, lets rock" they played at least anouther hour on an empty tank.

Ive seen a few "memorable shows" about 10 years ago Dave Matthews did a little bar tour. Usually no more than 75 people invited. It was called "A night with Dave" and it kicked ***. It was just Dave Matthews and a guitar on stage. I caught Motley Crew here in Augusta in 1989-90 it was one of my first great shows. My wife loves Bruno Mars and we saw his concert a few months ago, he put on a really good show too!!! After playing shows in Athens, Ga before he got big, Zach Brown would invite the local crowd back to his trailer on Lake Oconee, and would rock the whole night long.....Those are the truly great concerts!!!

Really wish I could have seen Zeppelin though........

witech
12-05-2013, 02:52 PM
My favorite was the razors edge tour at alpine valley. The money blasted at the crowd and of course the cannons going off were the highlight of that concert. I broke my collar bone the day before on my 200x and it really helped to me feel the music in a kinda painful way.

chronicsmoke
12-06-2013, 09:19 AM
been wanting to see steve aoki for a bit now.

if you like him, bass nectar is a must. he doesnt, himself do much on stage like aoki does, but the visual effects are absolutely amazing, especially in smaller venues.

Ben Steve Aoki was insane... Any hype you may have heard is truth lol.

He played with Datsik when I saw him.. The visual effects weren't anything like say Skrillex but his stage presence is the best.

Ever hear of "white raver rafting"? He jumped off the 2nd story of Metropolis MTL onto a raft being 'crowd surfed' and then went rafting aroudn the first level haha.

He also ruined my phone here, haha. I'm pretty well in the middle of that water being dumped..
http://imageshack.us/a/img14/7656/p9jh.jpg

I was thirsty so he gave me some cranberry juice too!
http://imageshack.us/a/img547/9884/te2a.jpg

My buddy from VanCity said BassNecter and Rusko are two that I MUST see, so their on the list haha.

madskrillz2
12-08-2013, 09:50 PM
I like such a variety of music it's hard to say. The best ones I can think of off the top of my head were The Allman Brothers, Eric Clapton, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Yelawolf (I know it's rap but put's on a hell of a show).

AllstarMedia
12-09-2013, 11:25 PM
Im a Huge music nerd also lol. Ive been to so many concerts its hard to pic the best one but if i had to narrow it down, Family Values Tour 2007 - Tweeter Center, Mansfield Mass. some featured bands were, Korn, Evanescence, Atreyu, Trivium, 5FDP, Bloodsimple, Twin Method and lots more. Im a big fan of festivals. Wish I could say my favorite was a band like Pantera or Nirvana but I never got to see either.

exracer416
12-31-2013, 03:36 PM
I've been to a bunch, I've always a fan of the opening bands because they're the ones that put their all into each show. Great stage energy bands are The mezingers, gaslight anthem, new found glory, dropkick Murphy's, avenged sevenfold was great until a couple years ago. Flogging Molly is great too

Quad18star
12-31-2013, 08:03 PM
Garth Brooks Live in Central Park .

The best I've seen .... Brooks and Dunn , they put on a great show and sound the same live as on CD.
Eric Church is pretty entertaining
Laugh all you want, but I saw Nickelback and they put on a killer show. Lots of pyro and high energy.