PDA

View Full Version : old friend dies

MOUSE
03-20-2003, 07:17 AM
Today we mourn the passing of an old friend by the name of “common sense”.

Common sense lived a long life but died in the United States from heart failure just after the new millennium. No one really knows how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.

He selflessly devoted his life to service in schools, hospitals, homes and factories, helping folks get jobs done without fanfare and foolishness. For decades, petty rules, silly laws and frivolous lawsuits held no power over common sense.

He was credited with cultivating such valued lessons as to know when to come in out of the rain, why the early bird gets the worm, and life isn’t always fair.

Common sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don’t spend more than you earn), reliable parenting strategies (the adults are in charge not the children), and its okay to come in second.

In recent decades his waning strength proved no match for the ravages of well-intentioned regulations. His health rapidly deteriorated when schools endlessly implemented zero-tolerance policies, such as a six year old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate, a teen suspended for taking a swig of mouthwash after lunch and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student.

His strength declined even when schools had to get parental consent to administer aspirin to a student, but could not inform the parents when a female student was pregnant or wanted an abortion.

Common sense lost his will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband, churches became businesses and criminals received better treatment than the victims.

Finally, when a woman too foolish to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot, was awarded a huge settlement, common sense threw in the towel.

As the end neared, common sense drifted in and out of logic, but was kept informed of developments regarding questionable regulations, such as those for rocking chairs and stepladders.

Common sense was preceded in death by his parents, truth and trust; his wife, discretion; his daughter, responsibility; and his son, reason. He is survived by a stepbrother, my rights; and s stepsister, ima whiner.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone.

(author unknown)

Doibugu2
03-20-2003, 07:28 AM
amen!

monkeyboy
03-20-2003, 07:43 AM
yeah

tants
03-20-2003, 07:44 AM
i dont get it ;)

@Bad465EX
03-20-2003, 07:56 AM
I agree totally the world just dont work like it used to

MOUSE
03-20-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by @Bad465EX
I agree totally the world just dont work like it used to

very true :(

nacs400ex
03-20-2003, 09:48 AM
Times have changed my friend, and it wont ever be brought back. Since 9/11 things will always be different.

03-20-2003, 09:51 AM
life would be boring with common sense...i never liekd the guy he was alwasy tellin me not to play with fire and stuff....the guy didnt know how to have fun

Rip_Tear
03-20-2003, 11:08 AM
That sounds about right! So many dumb things happen.

OutlawEX
03-20-2003, 11:11 AM
:eek2: totally agree

Guy400
03-20-2003, 11:44 AM
It's these d@mn liberal lawyers who are screwing it up..lmao:D

Pappy
03-20-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Guy400
It's these d@mn liberal lawyers who are screwing it up..lmao:D

ummm....ok you didnt say ben so i geuss its ok:eek: :blah

lex luger
03-20-2003, 12:30 PM
too long, stoped reading after i scrolled down, cuz i thought you was talking about a dog :huh

sounds good i guess :confused2

nacs400ex
03-20-2003, 01:26 PM
"HICK TALK"
cuz i thought you was talking about a dog :huh

sounds good i guess :confused2

Hahahaha a dog... oh thats a new one.