PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Petcock

J.B.
11-04-2013, 02:14 PM
When in the off position my petcock still allows a bit of gas out my inlet line to my carb. I imagine I need to rebuild it and have seen rebuild kits for them ($25ish) . My question is, is it a pain to do and is it worth it? Or should I replace the petcock? ($40-60)

DnB_racing
11-04-2013, 02:51 PM
When in the off position my petcock still allows a bit of gas out my inlet line to my carb. I imagine I need to rebuild it and have seen rebuild kits for them ($25ish) . My question is, is it a pain to do and is it worth it? Or should I replace the petcock? ($40-60)

definatly rebuild it, very easy while your at it you might want to check the intank filter...once you take apart and see it will be simple,

just an fyi there are a few mods for the stock petcok for big motors, one is drill the inlet and outlet tubes bigger, and another is to remove the little stop tab on the on/off/res plate, this allows the lever to turn 360* and lets you pull from both res/ and normal at the same time
along with fuel tank cap drilling to let it vent better, gives you plenty of fuel for big bores if needed

J.B.
11-04-2013, 02:55 PM
Thank you for the info. I noticed the billet cap on my Clarke was not venting well. (turned gas to on, and no flow. cracked the cap open a bit and got flow) its the only cap I have so I will have to look into that as well.

Can you forward me some info on modding the cap to vent better? or provide a link?