PDA

View Full Version : Could really use some Experienced Help - Kasea Mini Racing

jrns281
11-03-2013, 08:02 PM
Hi Guys,

Well we have a Kasea 90 AC that has been a very reliable bike, butr had some problems with it starting today. OK so tried to fire it up today (new spark plug) and it would start and idle, but as soon as as you would throttle it to get moving, it would just flutter and wheels would not turn as if it was flooded or a wet spark plug. I do have spark and the bike has had the electronics removed and is a Kickstart. So jump a couple of hours (3+) and go back to try it again and this time it runs great for about 4 hours straight. Then again has the same symptons re-occur but this time I have a let the bike sit and just idle about 10 minutes with no problems. Then I go to throttle up and again the motor flutters under power like a fouled plug and does not even has the power to turn the wheels.

Any ideas? if you need more information, please let me know. I thought it might be a top end issue but when it did run it ran great with lots of power.

Could it be the ignition coil going bad?

Logan #34's Dad
11-03-2013, 09:24 PM
How about water in the gas?

jrns281
11-04-2013, 10:54 AM
gas was fresh and stored inside trailer as well as the bike. I am leaning towards a bad coil under load?

LT80
11-05-2013, 06:11 AM
First thing I'd do is clean the carb.

brokenbones
11-16-2013, 06:57 AM
check your grounds to the frame and motor