PDA

View Full Version : Fried clutch

HondaRacing83
11-03-2013, 06:53 PM
My clutch is super ****ed up. Its weird it was super hard to pull in so i replaced the cable ad that didnt help it makes like a clicking half pull in and its just abnormally hard to pull in. While i was riding today if i took a break and let it sit id get back on it and go to grab the clutch and its incredibly stiff and will barely move so i gotta get it in then work it a few times before its even useable. Its so hard to pull in i dont get it its adjusted correctly whats the deal here its a fresh cable it should be smooth as butter

KKiowaTJ
11-03-2013, 11:18 PM
Sounds like you have a pure metal disc clutch and possibly a bad/grooved basket. The clicking will stop soon and then wont move at all, At least in my past experience riding on a clutch until it completely dies. Mines due and have been gathering parts and how to questions as its my first 400ex and 4 stroke. But the symptoms seem to be about the same except a 2 stroke I would just blow. Good luck either way

HondaRacing83
11-04-2013, 06:21 AM
Its the stock clutch completely so idk if its pure metal

Zakradu398
11-04-2013, 07:21 AM
You answered yourself in the title of the thread. Take off clutch and look for grooving in basket, if none, replace clutch. If there is, replace basket and clutch.

HondaRacing83
11-04-2013, 10:46 AM
Ill tear it apart when I get out of school lol. How much wil ot be for a clutch and how much for a clutch and basket

KKiowaTJ
11-04-2013, 11:27 AM
Its the stock clutch completely so idk if its pure metal

By all metal, I meant that you have no fiber material left and all disc's are metal. If its the oem, im pretty sure you are due for a new clutch kit.