PDA

View Full Version : ATVmx schedule released - kinda

Logan #34's Dad
11-03-2013, 12:23 AM
Released at todays banquet:
March 22/23 - Aonia Pass - Washington, Ga
April 5/6 - Muddy Creek Raceway - Blountville, Tn
May 17/18 - High Point - Mt. Morris, Pa
May 31/1 - Tomahawk - Hedgesville, Wv (location may change)
June 14/15 - Sunset Ridge - Walnut, IL
June 28/29 - Millville Mx - Millville, Mn
July 12/13 - Unadilla - New Berlin, NY
July 26/27 - RedBud - Buchanan, Mi
August 9/10 - Loretta Lynn's - Hurricane Mills, Tn

***One of the "rumors" going around at the banquet is that the High Point round my be moved to Labor Day weekend...

Sandsjbyz22
11-03-2013, 07:13 AM
Did a blind monkey throw poop at a wall to put this together? Why does MXsports insist on sending us to three different tracks in a month? I can't wait to see what our pro schedule looks like with the extra rounds thrown in.

skyeryder
11-03-2013, 12:43 PM
I really hope that June 28th date is set aside for the new track built at Crawfordsville where the Ironman is held, looks like it's going to be a great track. Wish they would spread that out alittle, but oh well.

hornet
11-03-2013, 06:40 PM
The way I understood it today, the track in Crawfordsville won't be ready for the 2014 season. They said that it will be on the schedule for the 2015 season though.

G4racing
11-03-2013, 07:08 PM
It was voted on wether to go to 8 rounds and spread the races out or keep it at 10 rounds. The room was split so they went with 9 rounds.

Keith J
11-04-2013, 06:15 AM
No Texas race.... That sucks..

rageatvsupermom
11-04-2013, 08:25 PM
No Keith no Texas race...there were not enough Texas racers show up to the Pro-challenge or enough spectators. Can't expect anyone to come if we can't bring our own racers there. Such a shame.

Logan #34's Dad
11-04-2013, 08:31 PM
They could still have a PRO ONLY race along with one of your series races.

I did hear the Pro's are going to go race at Daytona with the bikes! That will be positive thing for our sport.

rageatvsupermom
11-04-2013, 08:56 PM
I know but I am not going to go easy on our riders. Are we here to race or what? There are many people who work hard to progress the sport to the best of our abilities,
at least you can show up! I am frustrated that all the work and money that went into the pro challenge and there were not any more spectators there. So
sad, because I know Austin put in the work. I don't know about the Daytona thing...people who like bikes don't necessarily care for quads. I remember a few years back that the Pro's had a couple invitational's and they did not go so well...once the bikes were done spectators left the fence. Why would a sponsor want to put money into that? I am not by any means trying to be disrespectful but I am not sold that is the best market. I could be very wrong and hope like heck I am. The pro's want to go somewhere to be seen I hope they put on a show...these past couple of years have not been the best for the spectator. There were not many great battles that lasted the whole race...it got boring after awhile. Again, not being disrespectful, I love watching the pro's and always will but if I get bored, then I know others must as well.

Logan #34's Dad
11-04-2013, 09:35 PM
I hear ya on the getting bored thing. Would the 3 shorter moto format like they did at the Challenge help that? Shorter race - they all push harder from start to end... AND if you have one bad moto - the day is not ruined..
I thought that idea was a good one.
As far as numbers, How is it that the GNCC races get overflow of fans and riders and the only people that come watch MX are the Amateurs already racing there.
Hey RageMom, maybe you and I can start/stage a fight in turn one! Unfortunately, people want to see drama.. Ya'all remember when Bryd took a swing at - I think - Creamer at the finish of the race at Pleasure Valley? Every last person at the place lined up to watch the next moto...
BRING IT ON RAGEMOMMA! LMAO!

rageatvsupermom
11-04-2013, 09:57 PM
I think the shorter moto's would help, I thought that was a good idea last year but a few riders did not like it..thought it took away from them. I don't see 5 minutes making that big of a deal but it did for some. I do hate that the drama brings the crowds because I sure don't want to cheapen what we have and how hard these guys work, but at this point I think any idea is a good one. If the first turn is muddy I don't mind staging a fight if it will bring people to the fence...just don't hurt me, I am just a girl. lol

jake55
11-05-2013, 05:01 AM
As far as numbers, How is it that the GNCC races get overflow of fans and riders and the only people that come watch MX are the Amateurs already racing there.

cause anyone who has ever rode a quad can ride a trail thru the woods, they can relate to it better. they watch and say to thier buddy "i could do that" when they go to the mx race and the pros are hitting the big up hill tripples and 80 foot tables they say "them guys are nuts, aint no way i'd try that" the average recreational rider just cant relate to what we do.

Keith J
11-05-2013, 05:28 AM
No Keith no Texas race...there were not enough Texas racers show up to the Pro-challenge or enough spectators. Can't expect anyone to come if we can't bring our own racers there. Such a shame.

Very, very true Michelle. Maybe if we can get more to show up next year, it will help in the future. Wishing we would have let Breezy race now..

jake55

Originally Posted by Logan #34's Dad

cause anyone who has ever rode a quad can ride a trail thru the woods, they can relate to it better. they watch and say to thier buddy "i could do that" when they go to the mx race and the pros are hitting the big up hill tripples and 80 foot tables they say "them guys are nuts, aint no way i'd try that" the average rider just cant relate to what we do.

I think that may be it and the fact that you can move around the race track and watch from different vantage points. Plus there are a TON more people racing than in MX style racing.

LT80
11-05-2013, 06:27 AM
"June 28/29 - Millville Mx - Millville, Mn"
Automatic throwout for most I bet. And they wonder why there is no attendance..
Ya'll be racing in the snow and rain.....again..<EG>

G4racing
11-05-2013, 07:22 AM
"June 28/29 - Millville Mx - Millville, Mn"
Automatic throwout for most I bet. And they wonder why there is no attendance..
Ya'll be racing in the snow and rain.....again..<EG>

Unfortunately your right. Its the first one we marked off. We would love to go and see the track and support the efforts to expand out there. But the reality is not all of us can afford, or can get the time off work to attend all the races. My hat is off to all of you that travel this distance for every race. Your passion for your children is second to none!

rageatvsupermom
11-05-2013, 04:28 PM
cause anyone who has ever rode a quad can ride a trail thru the woods, they can relate to it better. they watch and say to thier buddy "i could do that" when they go to the mx race and the pros are hitting the big up hill tripples and 80 foot tables they say "them guys are nuts, aint no way i'd try that" the average recreational rider just cant relate to what we do.

I agree here...the reason the GNCC has so many riders plus spectators that only get to see seconds each lap, is that it draws the recreational rider. There are far more of the rec rider out there than the hard core racer any day. Just like nascar bring the redneck to spectate...so does the GNCC. If you want those spectators you have to cater to them. Have you seen the majority of the people who pay to see the Monster truck shows? The average person.

jay-r
11-06-2013, 01:12 PM
Very true about gncc. The average rider can relate to trail riding. Quads are made for trail riding. It APPEARS that most trail riders could compete on a closer to stock production quad. MX quads are highly specialized, high dollar machines that are really only fit to be ridden on the track. With less and less tracks allowing quads to ride, it is getting tough to attract more riders and fans. However, mx racing is awesome to watch and is not promoted well enough to bring spectators. Most of the time the local people dont know anything about quad nationals in town.

However, even though it goes against all of my reasoning above, side by sides racing mx would bring more specators in and probably better tv coverage too. Fun to watch them jump, bump, and roll. Side by sides are where all the manufacturer's money is going for four wheels right now.

Logan #34's Dad
11-06-2013, 01:31 PM
Just curious, do you all think there is a place that could handle BOTH a GNCC race AND National MX on the same weekend? I know Unadilla, Sunday Creek(Penton), hold GNCC races and MX races...think they have the means to do them together?
Imagine the positive exposure. I can see great promotional event potential.

Keith J
11-06-2013, 02:03 PM
Unadilla runs the GNCC race onto parts of the MX track. So unless they canned that part of it, then no that wouldn't work.
I agree it would be an amazing weekend, but I can't imagine the logistics nightmare, plus parking/pit would be a nightmare..

skyeryder
11-06-2013, 03:20 PM
Just curious, do you all think there is a place that could handle BOTH a GNCC race AND National MX on the same weekend? I know Unadilla, Sunday Creek(Penton), hold GNCC races and MX races...think they have the means to do them together?

One of the best ideas I've heard in a long time, now how to do that......

Ryko racing
11-06-2013, 03:40 PM
I know its tough traveling. But anyone that doesn't at least try Millville once will miss a real great track and facility. ( real rough and hilly). If I had to skip a race just to get to Minnesota I would gladly dump Aonia Pass and make the drive to Millville.(Aonia Pass is in my opinion the worst track we race on but at least its reasonably warm when we go there). Like I tell my son " you need to win on all of them to be Champion.

Ive never been to Breezewood but people talk highly of it. ( the online pix don't look like its very challenging but its on camera so hopefully we can try it once.)

I for one will miss Wildcat Creek.

josborn
11-06-2013, 04:42 PM

It would have to be a quad only GNCC, because the bikes are one day and quads on the other at GNCC's.

G4racing
11-06-2013, 07:19 PM
I know its tough traveling. But anyone that doesn't at least try Millville once will miss a real great track and facility. ( real rough and hilly). If I had to skip a race just to get to Minnesota I would gladly dump Aonia Pass and make the drive to Millville.(Aonia Pass is in my opinion the worst track we race on but at least its reasonably warm when we go there). Like I tell my son " you need to win on all of them to be Champion.

Ive never been to Breezewood but people talk highly of it. ( the online pix don't look like its very challenging but its on camera so hopefully we can try it once.)

I for one will miss Wildcat Creek.

Wildcat Creek isn't on the schedule for next year. I'm guessing for good reason. There had to be more people hauled off in ambulances there then all the other races combined.

t.hale17
11-07-2013, 06:55 PM
Does anybody know if 50's will be allowed to run the big track or the whole track at millville ,MN. I have allways since day 1 thought my kid they haft to go over every obstacle on the track or they can't ride that track. Now we go to the real showand they won't let us run the whole track and call it safty reasons when it's all about times.

bigdaddy77
11-07-2013, 07:36 PM
Just saw that the Dirt Bike Pros will race at Crawford Indiana in August of 2014. Just some FYI

Ryko racing
11-08-2013, 08:20 AM
At the meeting last weekend the vote was to not extend the series past Lorettas. ( The kids cant have our race season affect to school years).

Thus Crawfordsville will be on the schedule for 2015. Which sounds like a good move as long as they have a solid parking area. We were there last year in the rain and that farm field was not very RIG FRIENDLY.

skyeryder
11-08-2013, 11:51 AM
At the meeting last weekend the vote was to not extend the series past Lorettas. ( The kids cant have our race season affect to school years).

Thus Crawfordsville will be on the schedule for 2015. Which sounds like a good move as long as they have a solid parking area. We were there last year in the rain and that farm field was not very RIG FRIENDLY.

They planted tons of grass seed a couple years ago, I'd think by now it has a pretty strong base plus this years Ironman wasn't rainy so it didn't get tore up. I'm holding out on a chance of it still being this year, they announced the other day Aug 16th was going to be Outdoor bikes, so maybe there still a chance.

Ryko racing
11-08-2013, 12:18 PM
The discussion ended with an absolute majority NO vote to having a race after Lorettas for 2014. School is in session in most parts the second week of august. Crawfordsville will be on the schedule for 2015 for sure .

I for one would like to go to Crawfordsville in 2015 but not after Lorettas. ( march to august is more than enough.) Heck , it could have easily been 8 races this year. It was pretty even so they settled for 9.

We don't need more races we need less classes .

nitrofish
11-08-2013, 01:06 PM
Congrats to Jeremy of Briarcliff Motocross! June 14th-15th. A quad guy having a national at his facility, sweet! He is gonna race it ta boot!

G4racing
11-08-2013, 01:16 PM
Congrats to Jeremy of Briarcliff Motocross! June 14th-15th. A quad guy having a national at his facility, sweet! He is gonna race it ta boot!

Is it official?

nitrofish
11-08-2013, 01:22 PM
Yes.

doonanracing
11-08-2013, 02:31 PM

Bud Fischer is doing something similiar at the TT national at Pine Lake. They run the atv's Saturday during the day and have a XC Hare Scramble in the late afternoon which a lot of local riders come out to ride which also brings them out to watch the races and then has a party at night. .... For motocross The facility is also talking about building a MX track at the facility in the front portion I understand. The park is geared toward atv's also. Parking for the event also is in a park like setting where you can park under trees..

Logan #34's Dad
11-10-2013, 10:02 AM
No Texas race.... That sucks..

Rumor has it that the powers that be want 10 amateur rounds.... AND they are heavily considering Texas. Maybe mid summer too. Be a HOT one.
I for one cannot afford to drive to Texas AND Minnesota the same year.

G4racing
11-10-2013, 06:16 PM
Rumor has it that the powers that be want 10 amateur rounds.... AND they are heavily considering Texas. Maybe mid summer too. Be a HOT one.
I for one cannot afford to drive to Texas AND Minnesota the same year.
I forget the gentlemans name that was there from Texas he said he ran a series in there. Correct me if I am wrong,but I'm pretty sure he said Texas could not support a National event. He was extremely disappointed in the turn out for the Atv pro challenge.

Logan #34's Dad
11-10-2013, 07:57 PM
I forget the gentlemans name that was there from Texas he said he ran a series in there. Correct me if I am wrong,but I'm pretty sure he said Texas could not support a National event. He was extremely disappointed in the turn out for the Atv pro challenge.

I have heard someone else say the same thing...
The turn out for this will be real bad too...
Just like Minnesota... A lot of people showed up for the 1st ever MN race then after making that trip, decided not to make it the following year - and it was taken off the schedule.
The core of the ATVA is East of the Mississippi. NOW, that is obviously because most of the races are East of the Miss. BUT every time they venture out to other parts of the country....no one from that area shows up. It's always the same ole traveling circus.

I say, IF they want 10 races, keep the Tomahawk, WV race AND Briarcliff, OH don't chose one or the other. OR, High Point AND Steel City... Better yet - Let's go back to Pell City, AL.

jake55
11-11-2013, 05:22 AM
rock, pell city is 716 miles or 10hrs 30 min.
spring creek is 822 miles or 12hrs 5 min.
seems like alot but only about 1 tank of fuel difference between the 2.

Logan #34's Dad
11-11-2013, 05:35 AM
rock, pell city is 716 miles or 10hrs 30 min.
spring creek is 822 miles or 12hrs 5 min.
seems like alot but only about 1 tank of fuel difference between the 2.

Okay then, I'm ALL FOR Steel City and High Point.....

jake55
11-11-2013, 05:42 AM
as much as i enjoy getting you stirred up, i have to agree with you on steel city and high point, 100 miles and 50 miles, 1 tank round trip!!!

edwardsp&b
11-11-2013, 07:42 AM
I have heard someone else say the same thing...
The turn out for this will be real bad too...
Just like Minnesota... A lot of people showed up for the 1st ever MN race then after making that trip, decided not to make it the following year - and it was taken off the schedule.
The core of the ATVA is East of the Mississippi. NOW, that is obviously because most of the races are East of the Miss. BUT every time they venture out to other parts of the country....no one from that area shows up. It's always the same ole traveling circus.

I say, IF they want 10 races, keep the Tomahawk, WV race AND Briarcliff, OH don't chose one or the other. OR, High Point AND Steel City... Better yet - Let's go back to Pell City, AL.

Pell city will never be back on as a National atv track. The owners and Sam Gammon do not see eye to eye at all. Don't ever expect to see that again. As for your question about GNCC and National mx the same weekend at the same track. Aonia is the only track that I could think of that could pull it off. The GNCC course is behind the overflow parking and that land is over 1000 acres. Trying to run those two races together would be crazy. They usually schedule it on back to back weekends and even that is a lot of work.

As for the promoting side of things, the problem there is the track owners are not going to advertise for the events. The promoter (Sam Gammon) only gives the tracks 10 thousand bucks for the rights to the track for the weekend. As a track owner you get the 10 thousand if 5 people show up or 500. They have no reason to spend money advertising for races locally. The promoter is the root of the problems here. I can say this, if you do a little quick math, the promoters are making a KILLING off of the series. Funny thing is same promoter for GNCC and the costs of racing a GNCC are a quarter of what it cost to run a National. BIG changes need to be made to save this series, and adding or changing classes or number of races aren't going to do it!!!!!!! The economy is too bad and people cant afford to drive all around the country to race. Even the dirtbike numbers are getting bad.........

Ryko racing
11-11-2013, 08:09 AM
Agreed.

stevo7706
11-11-2013, 06:38 PM
We had a great time at the Pro Challenge. ATV racing needs more events like that. I mean, you have to "grow" the sport right? Austin Wilson has some talent. I believe it will only get better. BTW..dirtbikes aren't in trouble by any stretch of imagination.

Ryko racing
11-12-2013, 07:13 AM
Lets hope we can get more people to enjoy quad racing.

But as a retired BIKE RACER the numbers are still way down compared to the 1990;s. I also think there are too many classes at that level also. We had 65, 85 jr, 85 sr,
100 cc open, 125 jr under 16, 125b, 125a,. 250 b, 250 a, open .

that's it. nice full gates and qualifiers in every class at the better Michigan tracks.( 20 minute motos also).

Ine track ran a PROGRESSIVE PRO CLASS for money. Any amateur and any pro could compete together. ( the amatuers actually beat a couple of factory pros on occasion.)

It was great fun.

jay-r
11-12-2013, 08:51 AM
All forms of motorsports are dying. Motorsports are forms of entertainment. Kids nowadays have many forms of entertainment to choose from. The majority choose ipads, video games, and iphones. Motorsports are expensive and require a large level of dedication to be successful. Most families don't have the money and time to dedicate to these sports. Plus, many kids have other forms of entertainment to keep them happy. There aren't many gear heads now like the 60s, 70s, and 80s. But, there are still extremely dedicated families out there. However, all forms of motorsports are going to continue to loose numbers as the expense and loss of riding areas continues to grow.

Ryko racing
11-12-2013, 09:14 AM
That makes sense. Especially with our current administration in Washington. I was just reading the AMA magazine and the Forestry service is in the process of passing a bill that allows them to close ANY piece of land that they deem being abused without a vote . Once there are no riding areas motorsports are in trouble.

Its funny my sons playstation broke 5 years ago and he has never even asked for a new one. Lets all try to support each other as there is strength in numbers. ( for a little while).

teambeanfield
11-12-2013, 09:36 AM
Help me out folks! What is the schedule then? I hear Ohio is in but I have yet to actually see a list other than at the beginning of this post. Is there a list out there or has the AMA not really figured it out for sure yet?

Thanks!!

jake55
11-12-2013, 10:06 AM
the original post is what was listed as the schedual in the program at the banquet. however they said that it is not official and that something would be posted soon on the ATVMX website. so as of now, no one knows.

stevo7706
11-12-2013, 02:27 PM
I just think the ATVA has missed yet another opportunity to bring in new participants by not expanding (geographically) the schedule. There will ALWAYS be a place for dirtbikes to ride. Maybe not on some vacant land like when I was young or government controlled "public" areas, but Motocross is as popular as ever.Legions of kids buy dirtbikes every year. Some race,some don't, but they all SUSTAIN the sport. I see a new face everytime we practice or go to a race. I don't see it that often with quads. Kids are the lifeline of our sport. We need exposure and promotion.

jay-r
11-12-2013, 04:17 PM
Yep. That is one of the reasons we are going to 2 wheels. Just makes more sense.

josborn
11-12-2013, 06:47 PM
According to a press release on a t v scene; briarcliff and freestone are in. If its on the Internet it has to be true, right?

G4racing
11-12-2013, 07:45 PM
According to a press release on a t v scene; briarcliff and freestone are in. If its on the Internet it has to be true, right?

I seen that too. Look for some low numbers this year. Mxsports is going to see where the core riders are for sure. Mn,Tx,Il,Ga all in one year! I hope it works out for the sport but no way we will be attending more than two of those.

Logan #34's Dad
11-12-2013, 08:01 PM
I went on the other atv forum that HAD the schedule posted.
Funny thing here is the schedule has now been removed.
THE ATVPG have NO idea what they are doing!

Logan #34's Dad
11-12-2013, 08:09 PM
it said:
March 22/23 - Aonia Pass MX - GA
April 5/6 - Muddy Creek - TN
PRO ONLYMay 3/4 - Freestone Raceway - TX
May 17/18 - High Point - PA
May 31/June 1 - Sunset Ridge - Ill
June 14/15 - Briarcliff MX - OH
June 28/29 - Spring Creek MX - MN
July 12/13 - Unadilla - NY
July 26/27 - RedBud - MI
Aug 9/10 - Loretta's - TN

G4racing
11-12-2013, 08:36 PM
it said:
March 22/23 - Aonia Pass MX - GA
April 5/6 - Muddy Creek - TN
PRO ONLYMay 3/4 - Freestone Raceway - TX
May 17/18 - High Point - PA
May 31/June 1 - Sunset Ridge - Ill
June 14/15 - Briarcliff MX - OH
June 28/29 - Spring Creek MX - MN
July 12/13 - Unadilla - NY
July 26/27 - RedBud - MI
Aug 9/10 - Loretta's - TN
One I seen Is gone too. Didn't catch the Pro only part!

Logan #34's Dad
11-13-2013, 09:11 PM
Now I'm hearing the ATVPG wants to make the Texas race one of the regular races..(amateur's included).
I know this family cannot afford a trip to Minn AND Texas!
Then to top it off - Freestone does NOT EVEN ALLOW QUADS! Why would they award them with an ATV National Race.

I say - put the WV race back on. Or one down south somewhere...
Ya'all watch - the series will only be 9 races... which is okay BUT when you only get one drop....

G4racing
11-13-2013, 09:25 PM
U
Now I'm hearing the ATVPG wants to make the Texas race one of the regular races..(amateur's included).
I know this family cannot afford a trip to Minn AND Texas!
Then to top it off - Freestone does NOT EVEN ALLOW QUADS! Why would they award them with an ATV National Race.

I say - put the WV race back on. Or one down south somewhere...
Ya'all watch - the series will only be 9 races... which is okay BUT when you only get one drop....

Im with you. Guess we will be hitting more of the OMA series if that rumor is true. Maybe be better on my bank account if that rumor is true! Lol

mxmike717
11-14-2013, 11:25 AM
As much as I would like to see a race in Texas. I am defantly no for giving a race to a track that does not quads ride regular.

rageatvsupermom
11-14-2013, 11:34 AM
As much as I would like to see a race in Texas. I am defantly no for giving a race to a track that does not quads ride regular.

I wonder how many of the tracks that are on the national schedule hold a regular quad practice...I know Loretta's don't do why would this make one bit of difference?

jay-r
11-14-2013, 11:45 AM
Loretta's only has 2 races a year. One dirtbike and one quad. The regular tracks that host races throughout the year in local series and do not allow quads should not be selected. We didn't make PA this year, but they are not a quad friendly track, and I heard alot of stories about how quad riders were treated at that national.

Logan #34's Dad
11-14-2013, 11:52 AM
I wonder how many of the tracks that are on the national schedule hold a regular quad practice...I know Loretta's don't do why would this make one bit of difference?

Its just the principle of the thing. Why should a track owner who does not support quads get the biggest ATV race in the nation. There are plenty of tracks that support ATV racing that can handle an ATV national. As example, the new track in Ohio (Briarcliff) has races with bikes and quads and allows quads to practice there. That is the kind of place that deserves a National. Not a track that is helping to kill this sport by not allowing atv's in the facility.
Loretta's is a different animal. They don't hold any other races or practices throughout the year....
IF they MUST go to Texas - why would they not go to the place the Pro Challenge was held....an ATV friendly track..

Logan #34's Dad
11-14-2013, 12:05 PM
We didn't make PA this year, but they are not a quad friendly track, and I heard alot of stories about how quad riders were treated at that national.
Your right about Steel City... when you enter the property there are signs that say - no atvs allowed -. That has always fried my butt as well as the others that notice it. But that track is directly affiliated with the big shots of the promoters group.
I've said it many times... this National series needs ONE single promoter ON SALARY with a team under him/her that does NOT have any alterior motives to help themselves. Except to make money for this series.

mxmike717
11-14-2013, 12:08 PM
Its just the principle of the thing. Why should a track owner who does not support quads get the biggest ATV race in the nation. There are plenty of tracks that support ATV racing that can handle an ATV national. As example, the new track in Ohio (Briarcliff) has races with bikes and quads and allows quads to practice there. That is the kind of place that deserves a National. Not a track that is helping to kill this sport by not allowing atv's in the facility.
Loretta's is a different animal. They don't hold any other races or practices throughout the year....
IF they MUST go to Texas - why would they not go to the place the Pro Challenge was held....an ATV friendly track..

Exactly...

Pell City used to let us ride...They have stoped letting us since they were taken off the schedule.

stevo7706
11-14-2013, 12:44 PM
Why in the world would you "punish" a track for holding a quad race because they don't allow quads? Are we going to punish 99% of tracks by not "rewarding" them an ATV national? We need to be thanking the tracks that crack the door open for quads to race. Quads aren't dealing from a position of economic strength, but we can deal with gratitude and other virtues quad racers have and maybe the door will open wider. Freestone is a AMA national track that is rarely open for practice(for bikes!) and when they do have races the bikes show up. It's a favorite of ours and would be a favorite on the ATV circuit. I hope Texas and Minn are on the schedule. It's a step in the right direction.

mxmike717
11-14-2013, 12:53 PM
Why in the world would you "punish" a track for holding a quad race because they don't allow quads? Are we going to punish 99% of tracks by not "rewarding" them an ATV national? We need to be thanking the tracks that crack the door open for quads to race. Quads aren't dealing from a position of economic strength, but we can deal with gratitude and other virtues quad racers have and maybe the door will open wider. Freestone is a AMA national track that is rarely open for practice(for bikes!) and when they do have races the bikes show up. It's a favorite of ours and would be a favorite on the ATV circuit. I hope Texas and Minn are on the schedule. It's a step in the right direction.

Why in the world would you not reward a track that does allow quads?

mxmike717
11-14-2013, 01:01 PM
I guess I like many others get very fusterated by the tracks that do not let us ride. I have a track 30 min away that I have to drive another 2 hours past to get to a track that lets us ride.

I know it will never happen but I wish the AMA and ATVA would get together and take away the LL and Ponca dirt bike qualifiers away from the tracks that dont allow us.

Ryko racing
11-14-2013, 01:11 PM
First off, it is nice to go to new venues. But it seems everyone has a favorite place that deserves a National Race. ( usually closest to their home.) Heck we have 3 tracks in Michigan that are better than ANY track on the National series. Unfortunately 1 wont ever run a quad race .

I understand growing the sport is paramount BUT, I also believe that we the parents that travel to EVERY RACE ON THE CIRCUIT should get a little input as we are the ones spending the TALL DOLLAR traveling.

I don't mind adding a trying a New track each year but to add a race in Minnesota and Texas in the same year is crazy.

How about give Texas a shot next year. ( I was at the meeting and people were dumbfounded that Texas riders' didn't even support the Pro Challenge).

I know that was only 1 race but for everyone that keeps saying how many riders are in Texas it is a shame that more did not attend.

The vote was 9 races 2 throwouts no Texas in 2014. If that changes then lets not vote next year. Maybe next year we swap New York for Texas? im in for that. Its not the drive its the additional drive that hurts.

rageatvsupermom
11-14-2013, 02:27 PM

How many of the tracks that we go to are quad friendly? I mean really....let's ask ourselves. Why go back to a track that the pro challenge was at and have no spectators again. Sounds like a great business plan to me. As usual people who have no clue and say they are out for the sport are just in it to make it easier on themselves. None of you know what was going to happen or how it was going to be promoted. The numbers have been going down steadily every year...and we continue stay in the east...I thought all the riders are in the east? Why are the numbers declining then?

Logan #34's Dad
11-14-2013, 02:54 PM
They are declining because of tracks like Freestone that don't allow quads... When a family has nowhere to ride an ATV...why buy one?
Ya'all remember the day when IF you were an AMA affiliated track you had to offer the classes the AMA said you had to?
My local district (track owners) voted to take quads out of the AMA district.... it failed 2 year later and is no longer in existence! Even if only a few show up...it still helps the track owner pay the bills...

rageatvsupermom
11-14-2013, 03:06 PM
They are declining because of tracks like Freestone that don't allow quads... When a family has nowhere to ride an ATV...why buy one?
Ya'all remember the day when IF you were an AMA affiliated track you had to offer the classes the AMA said you had to?
My local district (track owners) voted to take quads out of the AMA district.... it failed 2 year later and is no longer in existence! Even if only a few show up...it still helps the track owner pay the bills...

There again...shows you what you know. Freestone does not have open practice for bikes either...but when they have an event they show up. Did you think this may be a foot in the door? Like I said Loretta's does not, unadilla does not and how many others do not but we keep going back? I have a track and I don't need for you to give me a lesson on what brings in the money. ATV Mx is not going to be as big as the bikes....they are harder to ride and far more expensive. We have such a huge turn over now as it is. Regardless we need to go to different places in the country to bring racing to the areas. Work with the local tracks/assoc to try to revive what was once there. Honestly I don't care where we go, just hoping people will quit listening to the same people who won't leave their driveway to race. Those riders need to stick with whatever Ohio/PA racing there is and let the rest travel to a true national series.

ontargetracing
11-14-2013, 03:11 PM
Well if they do have an AM Texas race we will do everything in our power to make it and bring a few more west coasters along with us. Everyone votes to stay on the east coast because that’s where the majority of the racers are from since that is where all the races are held. I know we don't have the mini #'s on this side (Texas for sure has more) but there are several pro and pro/am riders from both areas that I am sure would attend a national that was within a decent distance. I am with those who say if you want to grow the sport then you have to include new areas where the "national" series has not run before. Don’t even get me going on the class changes EVERY year hurting #'s and costing unneeded expense.

bigdaddy77
11-14-2013, 03:54 PM
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Some people speak theirs more often than others but they are also the ones who will give you a intelligent answer when you have a question. I will have to say Rocky and Ryko are always there when I have a mini quad issue. And their kids aren't even running them any more. It's what makes this sport different from others and even different from the dirt bikes. I have helped build other kids motors, and even given spare parts away at the track, to turn around and have the same kid beat us the next moto.
As far as tracks deserving a National how does it all work. Do track owners contact the ATVA and say they want a chance to hold a race? Does the promoter contact track owners? A lot of people don't like Walnut because of the location and It's out in the boonies. Well look up district 17 ama results and see how many times they ran quads plus the fact they had a 2 day quad only race after the national was run their and drew quite Well. Thanks again to all that have helped me the past couple years . Without this forum I would of never known about the ATVA MX NATIONALS.

G4racing
11-14-2013, 03:59 PM
I'm curious has Atv Mx ever tried run ing the Nationals like the bikes? Why not have qualifiers all over the country and then a championship race at Loretta's? It would bring the sport to several more venues and make it FAR cheaper on everyone. It would also allow all of us to attend more races in our home states and support those track owners.This sport is dying because of what it costs! First thing out of someone's mouth that switches from quads to bikes is that it's cheaper.

stevo7706
11-14-2013, 05:27 PM
Only when the number of quad riders approaches dirtbike numbers. Dirtbikes follow a different pathway to race at Lorettas. My guess is it's expensive to go deep and far in motocross too! That's the beauty of racing bikes locally....plenty of stacked competition, but if your rider has the talent to make it to Lorettas your gonna have to sacrifice. It would be worth it.

ontargetracing
11-14-2013, 05:53 PM
The way the bikes do it for am riders is great. However if they (ATVA) did that the pro series would have to stand on its own like bikes do. I don't think it could survive without all the am riders $$$.

mxmike717
11-14-2013, 06:00 PM
Quads rule and dirt bikes drool....

ok, got that out and a few beers later. I feel better. :devil:

Logan #34's Dad
11-14-2013, 06:24 PM
The way the bikes do it for am riders is great. However if they (ATVA) did that the pro series would have to stand on its own like bikes do. I don't think it could survive without all the am riders $$$.
You hit the nail on the head. The PRO series would not be able to sustain itself (as it currently is) without the money from the circus that follows it. They would have to take a BIG leap of faith to do this without the amateurs...
BUT what people don't understand is... the BIG sponsors will never come on board until the 18 and under riders are not on the same venue. There is too much liability in it. Like Budweiser can't be a sponsor... ect.
With the right person to promote the pro's it could be done and they could go to all over the country. Then as stated, the locals would get more atv's. Possibly a good idea...

jake55
11-15-2013, 07:34 AM
not sure we should blame the location for the low turnout for the pro-challenge, i think it had more to do with the time of year. school had started, football (yes most of us do other sports also) out of vacation days, money and so on.
just an idea, most sports have the "all star" event mid season, give the amatures a long break mid year, hold the challenge during the break. those who can afford an extra race go, those who cant, stay home and save a few bucks to finnish out the year. this also lets more kids attend without missing additional school days.

rageatvsupermom
11-15-2013, 12:06 PM
not sure we should blame the location for the low turnout for the pro-challenge, i think it had more to do with the time of year. school had started, football (yes most of us do other sports also) out of vacation days, money and so on.
just an idea, most sports have the "all star" event mid season, give the amatures a long break mid year, hold the challenge during the break. those who can afford an extra race go, those who cant, stay home and save a few bucks to finnish out the year. this also lets more kids attend without missing additional school days.

I agree, the location was not the main problem, I heard from many of the national riders that they had football or did not want to miss days because they had to miss so many in the second half for the nationals. People don't like to go to races that don't have some sort of series points attached to it. We have this same problem here every year, we have a north vs south race between our 2 local series. We alternate who is in charge and where it is held (or used to) when the TQRA had it not many of our riders went, when we had it not very many of their riders went. Because it was already past season and it did not mean anything to them. It is sad because we are never going to grow at this rate, the people who afford to travel will get to a point it is not worth it anymore. There are not new people coming in because how expensive it is and the travel is too far. I hate it because we will be the cause of our own demise.

Collin88
11-19-2013, 07:45 PM
2014 Mtn. Dew ATV Motocross National Championship Schedule********** ***********

Mar 22-23

Aonia Pass MX

Washington, GA

Apr 5-6

Muddy Creek Raceway

Blountville, TN

May 17-18

High Point Raceway

Mt. Morris, PA

May 31-Jun 1

Sunset Ridge MX

Walnut, IL

Jun 14-15

BriarCliff MX

Nashport, OH

Jun 28-29

Spring Creek MX

Millville, MN

Jul 12-13

Unadilla

New Berlin, NY

Jul 26-27

RedBud

Buchanan, MI

Aug 9-10

Loretta Lynn's

Hurricane Mills, TN

jake55
11-20-2013, 05:50 AM
i like it, now we just need to convince the powers to be to get rid of the drops. yep, i said it, 0 drops!!! it's only 9 rounds so i vote for 0 drops!

#404's Dad
11-20-2013, 10:24 AM
i like it, now we just need to convince the powers to be to get rid of the drops. yep, i said it, 0 drops!!! it's only 9 rounds so i vote for 0 drops!

You'd get no arguments from me on that.

G4racing
11-20-2013, 11:18 AM
You'd get no arguments from me on that.

I'll have to disagree. Not everyone can get away from work for every race.