PDA

View Full Version : shock adjustment

GAZ-V-21
10-29-2013, 06:02 PM
Went riding today for first time in a while. When Ihit bumps the rear end bounces way up in the air. Is there an adjustment for the stock rear shock and is it easy?

rooster300ex
10-29-2013, 08:57 PM
yea there are 3. ride height,compression and rebound. I wouldn't worry to much about the ride height. Sounds like ur rear shock needs to be soften alil(compression), and u need to slow the rebound down so it doesn't buck u. Rebound is at the bottom of the shock and the compression adjustment is at the top. All u need is a flat head screw driver. I can't remember which way u turn the screw to slow down the rebound, but the compression is simple it has an s and an h. Softer or Harder. U want to soften it. Once I think about it u would want to turn the rebound screw towards the s softer. Somebody correct me if im wrong.

GAZ-V-21
10-30-2013, 10:46 AM
Thanks. I gotta get somethin done with this suspension all around. I feel like I could go so much faster if I wasnt bouncing all over the place back in the trails.

ben300
10-30-2013, 12:04 PM
Went riding today for first time in a while. When Ihit bumps the rear end bounces way up in the air. Is there an adjustment for the stock rear shock and is it easy?

yup, gtthunder xc link and respring and revalve...its summer/winter, black/white, night/days, barack obama/rand pauls world of differene

Blodg
10-30-2013, 12:18 PM
its summer/winter, black/white, night/days, barack obama/rand pauls world of differene

lol