PDA

View Full Version : Gearing advice!!!!

EXDUNER127
03-20-2003, 03:29 AM
I read some suggetions on gearing with the front and rear sprockets, does changing these sprockets help out in any way racing...and is there any nagative effects based upon flat land and the dunes.

eldoexrider01
03-20-2003, 03:44 AM
i cant tell you exactly which sprockets to use, becuase everyone rides there bike different. many people, like myself, have changed sprockets smaller and larger, and end the end found the stock sprockets the optimum setup, if you think u need more top end, get one larger on front or a couple smaller on back. if u feel you are lugging or loosing power while climbing hills or dunes, then you need smaller up front or larger on back, or u just might need some more power.

hope this helps

eldoexrider01
03-20-2003, 03:44 AM
i cant tell you exactly which sprockets to use, becuase everyone rides there bike different. many people, like myself, have changed sprockets smaller and larger, and end the end found the stock sprockets the optimum setup, if you think u need more top end, get one larger on front or a couple smaller on back. if u feel you are lugging or loosing power while climbing hills or dunes, then you need smaller up front or larger on back, or u just might need some more power.

hope this helps

4TraxRider
03-20-2003, 05:31 AM
Smaller front = More accerleration, lesstop speed
Larger front = Less acceleration more top speed

Then fine tune the gear ratios on the back sprocket

Smaller rear = littl less acceleration, little ore top speed
Larger rear = little more acceleration, little less top speed

eldoexrider01
03-20-2003, 12:22 PM
yeah like he said. one tooth difference on the front is like around 3 tooth difference on the back.

TravEX
03-20-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by eldoexrider01
yeah like he said. one tooth difference on the front is like around 3 tooth difference on the back.
yeah what he said,,,hehe:devil