PDA

View Full Version : Oil pump

jarfly
10-28-2013, 08:24 PM
I'll be damned if another problem has came up with this 440. So got it to run a bit today and seen it did appear to be oiling, so I shut it off and took both lines loose on the right side cover and nothing at all was coming out of the holes just the line to the tank.. so i'm guessing the pump is shot? Is there any thing else that could cause it not to oil? It was oiling fine before the rebuild.

Stickman400
10-29-2013, 12:30 AM
I'd take the line off the intake of the oil cooler and then the exit and see if it's getting up into and then through the cooler. That will eliminate if it's getting stuck in the tank, the cooler or one of the 2 lines going to and from it. Then if it's inside the motor it could be a metal shaving in an oiling port that clogging it up. Did you take the bottom end apart any to work on it? I can't remember if you did. There's been too many threads with internal motor issues lately.

jarfly
10-29-2013, 05:45 AM
I'd take the line off the intake of the oil cooler and then the exit and see if it's getting up into and then through the cooler. That will eliminate if it's getting stuck in the tank, the cooler or one of the 2 lines going to and from it. Then if it's inside the motor it could be a metal shaving in an oiling port that clogging it up. Did you take the bottom end apart any to work on it? I can't remember if you did. There's been too many threads with internal motor issues lately.

Nope just the topend.Im going to flush the motor out good with diesel I got another pump on the way.