PDA

View Full Version : 300ex Steering issue

Idahonichole
10-28-2013, 10:05 AM
I have a 1997 300ex that had a little accident the other day. The guy riding it was going a little too fast and went to stop, locked up the front brakes, and slid on the gravel into my LTZ 400. The front left tire of the 300 hit the front left tire of the LTZ 400 pretty hard. Thankfully the 400 was in neutral and just kind of bounced backwards. Everything looked to be fine at first. The alignment was knocked out of adjustment (easy fix). Yesterday my husband went to ride it and was just kinda checking everything out on it. When in reverse and making a hard turn to the left, the steering locked up. It was like it over-extended and got stuck to the left. We can only get it to do it in reverse, going forward it rides and steers nice and smooth. It looks like the bolt that comes out bottom of the tie-rod end is rubbing on the A-arm and is causing it to hang up. Can't figure out if it is the tie rod end that is bent? Or the stops on the steering stem are bent and not stopping it before it over-extends?? Ideas?