PDA

View Full Version : Big Rock Maysville KY closed

blacknblue#2
10-25-2013, 04:16 AM
Duke announced on the facebook page that after 14 years in business big rock in Maysville KY is closed. They just had tough mudder this past weekend and i had noticed he kept dodging the question of when they would be open back up for riding. Sad to say this but this seems to be the future of our sport. I hope the big ppl like Hatfield Mccoy, Harlan KY, brimstone and places like that can keep the sport alive. A lot of little ppl pulling out the last few years.

chucked
10-25-2013, 06:01 AM
I know hatfield will be open forever, thats one of the the main sources of income for several towns.

blacknblue#2
10-25-2013, 07:42 AM
Oh yeah no doubt hatfield aint going anywhere. But little places like this going out will put a big damper on the sport. A lot of ppl rely on these local places to ride all year. I myself do anymore now that traveling every weekend aint in the budget. While I myself will always keep something to ride even if it does only get rode twice a year on my annual hatfield trips. A lot of ppl wont justify keeping something to only ride once or twice a year.

chucked
10-25-2013, 07:53 AM
Yea, I did sell my yfz because it was never ridden.