PDA

View Full Version : So im going to do this....THE A ARMS!!!! DA DA DAAAAAAAAA

jarfly
10-23-2013, 10:58 PM
Sorry no pics tonight..Will be tomorrow. Ok I got my tubeing and a new bottle of gas for the ol mig. So I'm read to cut. I'm just doing a simple slug/sleeve on the stock a arms for now. I have just a few more question. Ok say setting with full weight on the bike, should the camber be the same as stock on a +2 set up? I also picked up some square 1" tubeing today also. If the cut and slug ones work out I will bulid a 1 off custom set of of the square stuff with heimes and replaceable ball joints.

Stickman400
10-24-2013, 12:32 AM
1 to 2 degrees of negative camber is for trails and 3 to 4 degrees is for mx. I don't think it matters what length they are, just get it close to whatever one of those u want.

jarfly
10-24-2013, 10:12 PM
So I don't think i'm going to mess with extending the stock arm and just bulid a complete set. No use and doing some thing twice. also I can replace the ball joints. But that is the biggest thing I have what ball joint to use. I am on a tight cash flow right now. I was thinking I may just go to a parts store and just rem the spindles out? Going to use bushings what the end. What should I use there.

Stickman400
10-25-2013, 12:32 AM
I'd just buy some from an aftermarket company that are fairly cheap. I wouldn't buy anything from a the local farm store unless you are really strapped for cash. Just buy a replacement set from GT Thunder or Houser or someone similar.

jarfly
10-25-2013, 01:27 AM
I was thinking a small car ball joint, mabey even a flat plate style bolt on. Im using some 1/8th or so 1" square tubeing. But I may just go with the replacements.

beastlywarrior
10-25-2013, 10:51 AM
get some from mcmaster

blacknblue#2
10-25-2013, 11:29 AM
ES2074R tie rod ends for a small vehicle. I ran them as balljoints for years