PDA

View Full Version : Overange vs standard

Tim kapopoulos
10-23-2013, 06:41 PM
Will changing over to an overange setup Require a different roller weight I know the size or the rollers are different , but if the engines operating rpm is dictated by roller weight wouldn't it stay the same? Ultimately I'm going to do timed runs but need some input first .

nastynotchback1
10-24-2013, 06:18 AM
You might have to move up a 1/4 to 1/2 gram or so.You have more distance to cover and with the standard set-up you could be running less weight to keep it from running out the top side of the pulleys.Now that you will have more pulley you will run more weight for more top end.

redonkulousruntsracing
10-29-2013, 07:32 AM
If you are talking about your 50's Tim, I wouldnt recommend an overrange. A 50 just doesnt have the grunt to effectively put an overrange setup to its full potential. I'm sure some one will tell you that they did it, but I wanted to use one in our 50 mod and both of my engine builders told me to save my cash.

Tim kapopoulos
10-29-2013, 08:27 AM
If you are talking about your 50's Tim, I wouldnt recommend an overrange. A 50 just doesnt have the grunt to effectively put an overrange setup to its full potential. I'm sure some one will tell you that they did it, but I wanted to use one in our 50 mod and both of my engine builders told me to save my cash..

Hey Brandon ,

That's exactly what I want to do on the mod. I'm building a molossi mhr motor and they automatically tell you to use the overrange set up. That's why I'm questioning it. As of now the mod motor we were running really nothing special , and it was wearing out the variators Grooving and making them wavy Went through 3 this season. Just don't know .

nastynotchback1
10-29-2013, 09:38 AM
On a 50 i agree.No over range.Save your cash or spend it else where.