PDA

View Full Version : radiator question

brysn424
10-21-2013, 06:49 PM
ive been told that a yfz 450 radiator will fit (with welding brackrts n) on a cobra chassis. What I havnt been told is. Do I buy a stock size 450 radiator? Or can I fit an oversize 450 radiator n the chasis? Anybody have any suggestions?? Also thinkin about mounting a fan on this thing too? Anybody done this? Thanks guys. If u dont want to give ur secrets away to evetybody and want to text me my number is 434 907 8928 % (tganks again

gnccracer123
11-02-2013, 04:37 AM
Brysn424, I have a yfz radiator installed in our cobras. It is very easy to mount it you will have to take off the stock tabs on the frame and weld a new mount. You will use the originall top mount and then use the single fan mount hole for the bottom mount of the radiator with a cross bar welded in. As far as the fan goes , we race xc and I decided we needed a fan and installed a four inch one and weled in a battery tray in the front between the shock mounts. I had it set up with sensors that it would only run when it got to 215 degrees. With the larger radiator I discovered that it very seldom came on. My thinking was when Brandon was in the woods going slow around trees or lappers it would help. I removed the fan and battery as I felt it was not needed. I will try to shoot you over some pics this morning when I go to the shop. Hope this helps you bud....