PDA

View Full Version : What else?

saponi1
10-12-2013, 04:25 PM
So I'm thinking about grinding the header welds on my 400ex. I did a forum search for this topic, but couldn't find a complete thread. Do I need to replace the header gasket, or anything else in this operation? If there is a complete thread, it should be made a sticky.

81dasher81
10-12-2013, 07:49 PM
just use a die grinder with a carbide bur.. i cleaned mine up with some sand paper in the die grinder afterwards.. its not really necessary though.. the two copper rings should be fine, i didn't have any trouble with mine. if for some reason they do get damaged (they shouldn't) you can try using a small hammer on an anvil to get them back into shape.. or buy new ones for like 5 bucks lol.

saponi1
10-12-2013, 07:55 PM
Thanks. I got carbide burr tools and end mills to get it knocked down, my bigger concern was the gaskets and any hidden surprises.

kt1148
10-12-2013, 08:58 PM
So I'm thinking about grinding the header welds on my 400ex. I did a forum search for this topic, but couldn't find a complete thread. Do I need to replace the header gasket, or anything else in this operation? If there is a complete thread, it should be made a sticky.
This is a decent thread on what to do...http://www.atvriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?445008-Thinking-about-grinding-headers-Read-this&s=&highlight=grind%20header%20welds...This

saponi1
10-12-2013, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the link. It had info and entertainment.