PDA

View Full Version : Quads in the Future

D-4our
03-19-2003, 04:02 PM
Can you guys imagine what quads would look like in 50 years? it depresses me when i think about it because i look back at dirt-bikers in the 60's and think how much it would suck if we still rode those instead of modern bikes. That's how people in 50 years are gonna look at us. so what do you guys think quads will look like then? and please don't say they-re gonna hover.:macho

TheX1992
03-19-2003, 04:05 PM
hover? lol its like those hovering cars. your 400 feet in the air flying when YOUR CAR DIES....what do you think is going to happen? lol. i think that we will have a new 'space age' design like a airplane cockpit canopy thing, bigger, more fuel efficient engines that run on _______ instead of gas, and street legal :p

Black400
03-19-2003, 04:07 PM
i dont know. I mean how much more can they do before they take the CHALLENGE out of it you know. And the challenge is what makes it fun!!!

D-4our
03-19-2003, 04:09 PM
you guys are lookin too far into the future, im thinkin the plastics design, frame material, handle bar shape.

Nausty
03-19-2003, 04:10 PM
yah I agree, I think hovering quads would suck:huh Really though I mean if the machine does all the work then you know your gonna be ok and that takes the rush out of it. But yah I bet in the next 25-50 years they will improve a lot as long as the industry isn't slowed or stopped by the government or lawsuits.

The main thing that I think needs to be changed is that quads have way to many parts and are to complicated and heavy. Also it would be cool if they could size down rotary motors enough so that you can fit them in a quad simply and with lots of power. If they could do that I bet we could pretty much get as much power out of the quads as we wanted.

Black400
03-19-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
as long as the industry isn't slowed or stopped by the government or lawsuits.

Yeah it would suck if it turned out like 3-wheelers!

Narly R
03-19-2003, 04:12 PM
Prolly look like some of the April fools stuff that u see in mags!? But who knows, i dont think they should go any farther, but thats prolly what they said 15 years ago!:rolleyes:

CHAUNCY
03-19-2003, 04:13 PM
I think they might start to look like streetbikes in the front. Like kinda aerodynamic and curvy. If you ever have seen a streetbike quad you will probably know what I am talkin about. Would be kinda wierd to have a cockpit hovering quad that does all the work for you:eek:

Black400
03-19-2003, 04:21 PM
If they look like street bikes that would suck IMO.:blah

03-19-2003, 04:29 PM
naw.. they'll statrt to look more or less like predator's or raptor's and I think a 2 stroke is goinjg to come out and kikc arse.. for auto's like the vforce 700 will prolly come out alos.. just more safer and stronger quads will coem out not much different

CHAUNCY
03-19-2003, 04:40 PM
It would be aweosme if a 2 stroke would come out and kick arse. But with all this pollution cr@p I dont know if they will.