PDA

View Full Version : .please read...(400/300 plastic conv..help.

"BLAHH"300!!
03-19-2003, 03:54 PM
hey.
my rear fender's and seat blew off on the way home from a ride the other day. i don't know what happend to it, i've been back looking 4 times. it's somewhere on the 15 miles between here and there. i think someone stole it.
so i'm going to have to replace everything.
i'm going to replace everything ,seat plastic and all when i do, and was thinking about going with the 400 or 250r plastic.
i'm sure if i bought everything and looked at it, that i could figure it out, but it would be hard for me to get the brakett's made.

witch should i get, 400 or 250r plastic?
witch one fits better?
what all needs to be moded?
it's not ganna wobble and be loose is it?
if you have done this, and had to have braketts made, who made em'? you?
if i decide to do this, will you make me some braketts?
how much will you charge?
where should i buy the parts from?
seat, foam, pan, plastic. grometts, everthing.

sevice honda wants 149.00 for a complete seat. that'll be close to $500 just for cosmetics, and i'll still have a bum motor. where can i get it cheeper.i think this site would be my best bet, becouse most will already be race cut the right way, and have graphix already on em'.
i'll prolly break and go ahead and get the 300's parts, but replacements would be cheaper, for the 250 and 400, plus they have better graphix.

like i said it'll be while before i'm ready to buy, becouse i have to go back to work, and i'll be gone for atleast a month. then i have to build my motor, then buy plastic. just tryin to get things figured out.

sorry so long.....

HiperEX
03-19-2003, 06:18 PM
i say go with the r plastic, i plan on gettin a set sometime before teh next month or 2

WildCatRacer
03-20-2003, 05:57 AM
shop around, I sure someone is selling a whole used set for a much better price.

erac4019
03-20-2003, 12:04 PM
If you're going to spend $500.00 on plastics, I would just get the Fullbore. It bolts right on and looks bad *****;)

speedy400
03-20-2003, 03:55 PM
EBAY MAN!!!