PDA

View Full Version : Are your trails shut down?

blacknblue#2
10-09-2013, 01:06 PM
Has the Govt shutdown affected your riding? I know our local Wayne National Forest (hanging rock) is shut down for it. Im sure you can still get in there to ride but Im just curious what the punishment would be if caught. And who would catch you if the rangers are all furloughed??

OZ-T
10-09-2013, 10:47 PM
I never really thought about that and didn't think it affected national forests, I was thinking about going to the lewis and clark national forest this weekend but if it's closed I wont bother driving that far to ride.

blacknblue#2
10-10-2013, 04:18 AM
According to Wayne National Forest website ours are shut down. Ive heard there are still rangers on duty to issue tickets tho. SO i have to ask. If the rangers are being paid to be there then why couldnt ya ride?

Scro
10-10-2013, 12:20 PM
According to Wayne National Forest website ours are shut down. Ive heard there are still rangers on duty to issue tickets tho. SO i have to ask. If the rangers are being paid to be there then why couldnt ya ride?

It's our governments way of "making it hurt".

blacknblue#2
10-10-2013, 12:26 PM
It's our governments way of "making it hurt".

Govt makes me hurt enough EVERY thursday. My gross vs bringhome makes me stomach hurt hahah

chronicsmoke
10-10-2013, 12:27 PM
nothing closed up here :p

2001400exrida
10-10-2013, 12:30 PM
if it's a national park it's closed.

http://www.nps.gov/shutdown/index.html

OldGuyonaQuad
10-10-2013, 04:53 PM
And who would catch you if the rangers are all furloughed??

Hey we might actually be able to ride in NJ for a while. \o/

CJM
10-10-2013, 04:56 PM
Hey we might actually be able to ride in NJ for a while. \o/

Game wardens arent federal employees lol..

OldGuyonaQuad
10-10-2013, 05:00 PM
oh well, my brother in law said things cooled down in wharton's near him. I can't ride until next weekend anyway, I just ordered a new steering stem, tried following Ron and his dirt bike up a little but steep hill @ Trevorton last week. Flipped it and it landed on my back. Bruised thigh, back is almost healed coulda been worse. No sign of 5-0 though.

CJM
10-10-2013, 06:14 PM
THats good to hear your ok. nothing as bad as my spill huh lol. I think I got a slightly bent ex stem still laying round here somewhere too.

Im going riding this week at my spot, no time these days to go pretty far between school and work.

2001400exrida
10-13-2013, 07:42 AM
Game wardens arent federal employees lol..

some are.

Only the national parks are shutdown and there are still employees being payed to patrol. With the government shutdown only like 14% of employees are actually not going to work.

beastlywarrior
10-13-2013, 01:21 PM
I ride all private land so it hasnt affected me much

blacknblue#2
10-13-2013, 04:49 PM
I ride all private land so it hasnt affected me much
Most the stuff I ride is private but we make a few trips to state ground every year. One of our biggest state forest rides being thanksgiving weekend. Fully maintained trails are nice when ya have 15-20 ppl that only know wide open and hate mud holes haha

beastlywarrior
10-13-2013, 07:27 PM
Most the stuff I ride is private but we make a few trips to state ground every year. One of our biggest state forest rides being thanksgiving weekend. Fully maintained trails are nice when ya have 15-20 ppl that only know wide open and hate mud holes haha

Dang I need to go ridin with you lol I've been wanting to hit up Wayne national or hatfield sometime

zyoung04
10-14-2013, 03:08 AM
Dang I need to go ridin with you lol I've been wanting to hit up Wayne national or hatfield sometime

We normally hit up the hanging rock trail system around thanksgiving. Like blacknblue said last year we had prob 11 of us a couplw in those JUNK rzrs but we still had fun. I just hope its open this year for it, ill be highly upset about it haha.

blacknblue#2
10-14-2013, 04:21 AM

Hatfield is a must to any trail rider. Hatfield is our biggest ride. Not by numbers because its hard to get guys to dedicate to a whole weekend of riding but by mileage it is. We ride about 100 miles a day. Its relaxing to be in the woods all day with no cell phone or computers. But then again its not a relaxing vacation, at least not the way we ride. I usually come home and am sore for about a week afterwards. It dont help that i lead and am always the one to find the stuff thats not suppose to be in the trail. Im good for at least one good tumble per trip. It dont help when you drop over a down hill and are determined to be hard back on the gas only to find a 12 inch diameter log hanging across the trail at lug nut height haha

zyoung04
10-14-2013, 07:05 AM
Hatfield is a must to any trail rider. Hatfield is our biggest ride. Not by numbers because its hard to get guys to dedicate to a whole weekend of riding but by mileage it is. We ride about 100 miles a day. Its relaxing to be in the woods all day with no cell phone or computers. But then again its not a relaxing vacation, at least not the way we ride. I usually come home and am sore for about a week afterwards. It dont help that i lead and am always the one to find the stuff thats not suppose to be in the trail. Im good for at least one good tumble per trip. It dont help when you drop over a down hill and are determined to be hard back on the gas only to find a 12 inch diameter log hanging across the trail at lug nut height haha

Dont help when u git ********* on a blue machine pushing u around bcuz he has an ********* with a big ol set of teef behind him complaining the whole time.

All in all hatfield is alot funner haha.

blacknblue#2
10-14-2013, 07:45 AM
Dont help when u git ********* on a blue machine pushing u around bcuz he has an ********* with a big ol set of teef behind him complaining the whole time.

All in all hatfield is alot funner haha.

"IM DONE..I dont give a dam if the world does F***ING end at whatever time i just want rid of these god for saken PECKER NATS....LETS GO"

OldGuyonaQuad
10-15-2013, 06:34 PM
Which Hatfield do you guys prefer? We did dirt days 2012 @ Rockhouse and stayed at Ashland resort this past spring and I loved the Indian Ridge to Pocahontas ride. It was pretty cool having the option for two connectors but we found Pinnacle a bit wet and bumpy. Heck the mountain roads were more suited for ATV's then automobiles and made for a quicker easier ride back to the resort after a long day of riding.

blacknblue#2
10-16-2013, 05:18 AM
We always ride Rockhouse. It just seems to be the best layout for our riding. We spend all morning roughing and toughing and beating ourselfs to death on the black and black and reds then we drop into Man about lunch time for a break and some grub then we cruise the green and blues back to the cabin in gilbert. Ive never rode indian ridge. Ive rode Rockhouse, bearwallow, buffalo mountain and little coal river. The rougher the better for us so we were extremely disappointed with little coal..that being the reason ive never tried indian ridge, pocahontas or pinnacle creek. From what ive heard of it those 3 systems are a lot like little coal. I spent one day in Buffalo Mnt by myself over labor day weekend cause I wanted to ride the single tracks and Im the only bike in our group so i had to go out alone. I will say those single tracks are no joke. Especially on a CRF450. At one point i thought i had gotten in over my head but i rode on. I definitely want to spend a day single tracking again but next time i want a partner for safety......and a woods bike haha