PDA

View Full Version : Paul Koontz Offroad Racing Series

MotoXC33
03-19-2003, 03:53 PM
Just wondered if anyone else out there Raced Paul Koontz East Coast Offroad series. I race his XC with my 400ex and his MX with my CR 250. I race C class this year and hope to move up to B next year

12gofast
03-19-2003, 04:44 PM
I try to run a couple of his races.

I Like Parsons!!!

Chino
03-20-2003, 03:44 PM
I also race paul koontz xc series i got 8th along with my buddy motoxc33 who got 1st outta 16 riders in c class were not starting off the year to bad.

MotoXC33
03-20-2003, 04:12 PM
What class do you run? I run C 16-24 this year. You know the big hill right after the start at parsons. I tried the steepest line. The one that I never even saw any bikes do. I got caught on a stump, came off the hill backwards then started flippin. I smashed this big wooden box the farmer had there for his trash. The crowd loved it. My bars didn't like it too well. I jumped back on and kept going. I flipped one other time that race and got a flat front. I was able to get the flat fixed and finish the race though. It was ruff on my bike, but it was a blast!

MotoXC33
03-20-2003, 04:13 PM
I'm thinking of hitting Tomahawk MX park this year with my CR 250. What is that track like?

12gofast
03-20-2003, 04:51 PM
I run the Vet class....the hill climbs at Parsons were gnarly and slick...it was great.

The XC track at Tomahawk is very tight and technical....a lot of log crossings and some rocks....lots of tight trees.
I had a lot to do with the layout and tried to make it pretty technical....it should make for an interesting race.

The MX track at Tomahawk is awesome....it is 1.5 miles long with good elevation change...a 100' foot tabletop and a 4 double rythym section.....it is a balls to the wall track!!!!!!