PDA

View Full Version : Earlywine Racing!!

blacknblue#2
10-07-2013, 04:36 AM
This hits me as bittersweet!! I cant say i didnt see it coming, but I just hope it gets into the right hands. I just found the add that Earlywine racing is For Sale. I spent alot of money in the place since the day it opened its doors. Met a lot of good ppl in here. Always a good time with a good enviroment. I had hoped to be able to take my kids over there when the time comes so im hoping it stays in a motocross family. As for the asking price I cant say for sure where it falls in the price range. You get the entire place, house barns and all the way it sounds. In 2005/2006 If this place would have come up for sale at 1.5 Mill Someone would have been stupid not to buy it, But like any other MX facility numbers have been way down since 2009 so it would be somewhat of a gamble. If i was to guess some big money family with a son that has dreams of Pro Motocross someday will buy it. You could ride and train all year around right in your front yard.

http://www.cutlerhomes.com/s/ky/mason-county/dover/41034/4248-walton-pike/dmgid_76210210.html

skyeryder
10-07-2013, 10:32 AM
Being from Indiana that's the best place for practice we have also. I sure do hope it stays what it is.

quad2xtreme
10-07-2013, 06:39 PM
I would love to have that building at South Fork Competition Park! Kentucky is so cold that heating that has to be a problem. In Virginia, it gets cold at times but for the most part you just need a building to block the wind and you'd be fine most of the winter months. Richmond is the gateway to the south so there really isn't much snow in or south of Richmond.

blacknblue#2
10-08-2013, 04:38 AM
I would love to have that building at South Fork Competition Park! Kentucky is so cold that heating that has to be a problem. In Virginia, it gets cold at times but for the most part you just need a building to block the wind and you'd be fine most of the winter months. Richmond is the gateway to the south so there really isn't much snow in or south of Richmond.

Heat....No Problem.....Cause there is no heat hahaha. She has some industrial size space heaters that she parks under the bleechers for the croud, and the sign in office and concession stand is heated but thats it basically. the track part aint. Your right wind and weather is all it keeps off of ya. When i raced here quite a bit i raced with full long johns on under my riding clothes and usually a hoody over my check protecter. My throat used to feel like someone had taken a hammer to it when i left there, not from yelling but after 15 laps hard laps breathing in 30 degree air it takes a toll on the throat. We didnt care about the cold. The fact of being able to ride all year in this area made it worth it to us. Been a lot of fast guys come through this tent. Bill Ballance, Taylor kiser, Casey martin, Doug Gust Joe Byrd and many more have spun laps around earlywines. I guess what made earlywines special to me is that it was ran by quad ppl. Chris and Nikki Earlywine were both GNCC champions. Nikki has been running it sine Chris' passing. Here is a videao of Ballance and Kiser doing some training under the tent

http://youtu.be/9b5lWaYb60o

cloudpump
10-08-2013, 03:32 PM
Heat....No Problem.....Cause there is no heat hahaha. She has some industrial size space heaters that she parks under the bleechers for the croud, and the sign in office and concession stand is heated but thats it basically. the track part aint. Your right wind and weather is all it keeps off of ya. When i raced here quite a bit i raced with full long johns on under my riding clothes and usually a hoody over my check protecter. My throat used to feel like someone had taken a hammer to it when i left there, not from yelling but after 15 laps hard laps breathing in 30 degree air it takes a toll on the throat. We didnt care about the cold. The fact of being able to ride all year in this area made it worth it to us. Been a lot of fast guys come through this tent. Bill Ballance, Taylor kiser, Casey martin, Doug Gust Joe Byrd and many more have spun laps around earlywines. I guess what made earlywines special to me is that it was ran by quad ppl. Chris and Nikki Earlywine were both GNCC champions. Nikki has been running it sine Chris' passing. Here is a videao of Ballance and Kiser doing some training under the tent

http://youtu.be/9b5lWaYb60o

Sounds like some hockey rinks up here. That property is nice. If I was rich, I'd buy it...