PDA

View Full Version : Quiet yz450f exhaust

chucked
10-03-2013, 03:20 PM
Yea its for a dirt bike, but I'm not a member of any 2 wheel forums, and I know someone here will know the answer to this. I want my 2006 yz450f quieter. It currently has a stock pipe, but its loud. Not sure if it needs to be, or can be repacked, but I think they are just naturally loud. If anyone knows of a pipe to make it quieter, like stock 400ex quiet, I would greatly appreciate it. P.S. I am not concerned with power loss or having to re-jet as it already has twice the power I'm comfortable with and I am fairly good at jetting, and already have a jet kit for it.

blacknblue#2
10-04-2013, 04:55 AM
400EX quiet is going to be hard to find unless a WR stock muffler would fit on the YZ. Your stock pipe is probably gutted. I can tell you i have a Yoshimura RS4 on my 09 CRF and its quiet for a bike. The RS4 on my 09 is actually quieter than the stock muffler was on my 06 CRF. Hard to believe i know but it is. I would say any new aftermarket exhaust that you can get a quiet core for will be quieter than you have. Ive never tried to pack a stock exhaust usually just replace them so i cant tell ya anything on that subject.

chucked
10-04-2013, 05:20 AM
I searched for hours last night, youtube, other forums, and google. Couldn't find anything. Im going to try repacking it, although I bet the bike doesnt have 20 hrs on it. I thought about the quiet core with an afternarkey pipe, but I need quiet. I have a few ideas to make the stocker quiet, Might try a few things this weekend

beastlywarrior
10-04-2013, 01:48 PM
Try a fmf mega bomb header and a q4

Zakradu398
10-04-2013, 04:18 PM
That is about your only option ^^^. My 09 yz450 is pretty quiet with the stock shorty exhaust. If you can find a spigot tip stock can that'll quiet it slightly also.