PDA

View Full Version : AC propeg foot height

SGA
12-13-2001, 09:44 PM
read the -installing propegs- thread below. had mine on about 6 months. never did like the feel of them, (the foot peg height). To high & to far back. almost the same as the stock pegs. I think the 400 was made to fit alot of people, not real tall people though. flipped the mounting pegs over this morning. It lowered & moved the pegs foward. much more comfortable. adjusted shifter & brake to match. will try out this week end. if all works out i'll crank up the welder & modify the brackets so they don't hang down below the frame & rework the front mounts.

SGA
12-14-2001, 11:06 PM
O/K, pro pegs are supposed to lower & move pegs 1 inch back. Put mine on 6 months ago. Peg W/spacer on brake side, peg on top of mounting bolts AS I HEARD THEY SHOULD BE. They rode o/k, but something didn't feel right. tonite pulled them off, mounted stock right peg. used straightedge, made a pencil mark on engine case of top & front of stock peg for a baseline. Remounted right mounting peg, spacer on brake side, peg up as before. slid on nerfbar. found out footpeg sits appx 1 inch higher than stock, 3/8 inch back more than stock. turned mounting peg over, slid on nerf. 1-1/2 inch lower & 5/8 more foward than stock. Tried the other mount peg on brake side, the one WITHOUT the spacer. Mounted with peg up above bolts, slid on nerf - front of nerf hits oil tank, no good. Turned over, peg down below bolts. slid on nerf & GUESS WHAT? 1 INCH LOWER & 1 INCH BACK MORE THAN STOCK PEGS, and alot more comfortable on the legs. Maybe the spacer peg doesn't go on the brake side after all. I'll post a pic tomorrow.

Alberta EX
12-29-2001, 02:25 PM
That sounds pretty good!, how about that picture??

SGA
12-29-2001, 05:30 PM
put a pic in (o/k dumb question about propegs) post. rode awhile & changed them back to regular style. set my legs too far back after extended riding. i just dont like having the pegs up 1 inch higher than the stockers, but its alot better since i got my renthal bars- fourtraxx/250R bend. i'll ride with the spacer on the right side, peg down next time & see how that works. guess i can't leave well enough alone