PDA

View Full Version : 450r carb cable

berries400ex
09-26-2013, 09:21 AM
so ive been out of the atv game since i was 16 when my friend blew the motor of my old 400ex when i was letting him barrow it. well im 21 now and i finally had the etra cash to get me a bike. its a 2001 in really good shape. the previous owner said that the guy that had it before him did some work to the motor. which i know theres really no way to find out unless i start tearin the motor apart which i dont plan on doin. so i figured i could do sum simple mods to bumb up the power. i plan on running a curtis sparks full exhaust. it already has a k&n filter with the lid off so i dont need the filter. But this is when i come to a problem. i want to run a 450r carb on it and i know you need a 450r throttle cable. i have a twist throttle on the bike right now and idk if the stock 450r cable would work with the twist throttle. so im lookin to yall guys which ive been lookin up to for years now even when i was out of the game for a lil help here lol anyhting would be helpful. thanks guys

JOHNDOE83
09-26-2013, 10:39 AM
so ive been out of the atv game since i was 16 when my friend blew the motor of my old 400ex when i was letting him barrow it. well im 21 now and i finally had the etra cash to get me a bike. its a 2001 in really good shape. the previous owner said that the guy that had it before him did some work to the motor. which i know theres really no way to find out unless i start tearin the motor apart which i dont plan on doin. so i figured i could do sum simple mods to bumb up the power. i plan on running a curtis sparks full exhaust. it already has a k&n filter with the lid off so i dont need the filter. But this is when i come to a problem. i want to run a 450r carb on it and i know you need a 450r throttle cable. i have a twist throttle on the bike right now and idk if the stock 450r cable would work with the twist throttle. so im lookin to yall guys which ive been lookin up to for years now even when i was out of the game for a lil help here lol anyhting would be helpful. thanks guys

I had the same throttle and carb setup.

you need to look for the motion pro 450r twist throttle replacement cable and youll be fine, you might be forced to buy a actual 450r twist throttle and cable. I think the whole kit can be found for $45.

Atleast you know it will fit right!

berries400ex
09-26-2013, 12:59 PM
thanks for the help. how much of a pain was the 450 carb to install and if you dont mind me askin what jets did you run?

JOHNDOE83
09-26-2013, 01:08 PM
thanks for the help. how much of a pain was the 450 carb to install and if you dont mind me askin what jets did you run?

Ok 450r carb install is very controversial on this site...lol.

My 450r carb went in with almost no mods and NO silly adapter.

I relocated the vent hose, which doesnt need to be done you can literally just take the hose off and be 100% fine.

With a lil elbow grease the carb slid right into the intake manifold, its a lil tight but WILL go right in.

I used a open filter with a velocity type intake system, but that stupid $40 Zr adapter is a waste of time and money and a waste of a good 450r carb.

All you need is a $4, 2in rubber plumbing grommet from lowes or homedepot to connect the carb to the stock airbox.

And the hotstart, I filled with RTV. You dont need the hotstart parts if you fill it with RTV correctly, HOWEVER IF YOU FEEL THERES ANY CHANCE YOU WILL DO IT WRONG THEN DEFFINETLY BUY THE HOTSTART PIECES. Then follow the standard instructions for sealing it off.

Depending on mods will depend on your jetting, mine was a 440 I used a 220 main jet and a 50 pilot.

You will probally need jets from 210 down to 175 in incriments of 5 and a 50 pilot.

berries400ex
09-26-2013, 01:49 PM
i appricate the help man. i found a used carb on ebay for 125 which i think isnt to bad of a deal. hopefully i can get the funds soon and start workin on the bike and makin it mine lol

Stickman400
09-26-2013, 01:51 PM
Make sure you got an Outerwear on that K&N, especially if you're running an open airbox.

berries400ex
09-26-2013, 01:58 PM
Already on order lol one of the first things i did was pop the seat off and check the filter. oper air box and no outerwear. ive been riding it in my yard for the past couple of day but not mud or dirt just grass. dosnt outerwear make air box lids? i thought i saw somthing like that

Stickman400
09-26-2013, 02:04 PM
Yep, http://store.ehsracing.com/ehsracing_trx_400ex_airbox_complete_cover.html Or you can just buy the kit, http://store.ehsracing.com/ehsracing_trx_400ex_airbox_kit_cover.html