PDA

View Full Version : Ballance MX

blacknblue#2
09-26-2013, 06:23 AM
Sounds like the ballance family is done with quad riding all together almost??
Sad to hear such a nice place bulldozed to the ground.

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-R...losing,1259756

89trx250r
09-29-2013, 03:41 PM
Well that thread on Vital got deleted and there is nothing to be found with a simple Google search so what are you talking about? Ballance mx was bulldozed?

blacknblue#2
09-29-2013, 04:15 PM
Its right on their site all mx operations have been ceased. The vital forum was started by a guy that works for ballance. He said the track was being flattened to start construction on a state of the art concert facility

89trx250r
09-29-2013, 06:34 PM
Damn yeah I wish I had read it but it was deleted by the time I saw this post. That stinks...

quad2xtreme
09-29-2013, 07:41 PM
http://www.ballancemotox.com/

Check the music section...says Starry Nights music festival coming in 2014.

blacknblue#2
09-30-2013, 04:54 AM
http://www.ballancemotox.com/

Check the music section...says Starry Nights music festival coming in 2014.

SAD imo. I woulda rather seen them dammed that valley up and filled it full of water for a paylake hahah. The vital thread said the roadfront field had done been commercialized and was going to be a golf cart dealer or something. With the concert facility being back where the track was. Maybe there is something to the vital thread being deleted but i wouldnt get my hopes up. I would say 2014 for sure is gonna be full of ppl rocking out to starry nights. Wonder what this means for the future of ballance racing? reckon he is walking away from quads all together?

blacknblue#2
09-30-2013, 10:42 AM
A little update from another site im a member of. ANother "local" to the ballance area says the track is not being dozed.......Could be why the vital link has been taken down.....time will tell i guess.

mxpimp2000
10-09-2013, 12:55 AM
Iam local around here and can tell ya 1/2 the track is already dozed down. "Bill Ballance" himself has no control over this its john balance that was under this operation. They purchased a golf cart company couple years ago and iam assuming they are either expanding to their property or moving the facility there altogether because it is located way out in the middle of nowhere at the moment. The track location is a lot more convenient. I wish this wasn't happening because I loved riding there the 1 time per year that I actually got to. They had 1 of the largest local series when it was first opened and shut everyone down then they just quit. Now we have nothing around here and its hard finding places to ride. Ballance took everyones business then they decide to close down made it hard on ky riders.

blacknblue#2
10-09-2013, 09:11 AM
Iam local around here and can tell ya 1/2 the track is already dozed down. "Bill Ballance" himself has no control over this its john balance that was under this operation. They purchased a golf cart company couple years ago and iam assuming they are either expanding to their property or moving the facility there altogether because it is located way out in the middle of nowhere at the moment. The track location is a lot more convenient. I wish this wasn't happening because I loved riding there the 1 time per year that I actually got to. They had 1 of the largest local series when it was first opened and shut everyone down then they just quit. Now we have nothing around here and its hard finding places to ride. Ballance took everyones business then they decide to close down made it hard on ky riders.

Im glad ya chimed in being a local. You say you only got to ride there once a year? was the place never open for practice any other time than when they had a national?

mxpimp2000
10-09-2013, 10:55 PM
Im glad ya chimed in being a local. You say you only got to ride there once a year? was the place never open for practice any other time than when they had a national?

Other than the ATV national they only had the LLQ dirtbike qualifier and 1 season opener race around march april and that was it. 3 events per year and 2-3 music events and that's it.