PDA

View Full Version : 06 450R GTthunder MX linkage w/ stock shock

450madman
09-25-2013, 09:44 PM
I installed a GTthunder MX linkage on my wifes 06 450R to soften the ride and to get rid of the bucking in the rear. I have PEP ZPS standard travel shocks up front. I'm out of money, do to my Trx250R build. I was told by my engine builder to adjust the preload nuts down two turns and i would be fine, but on all of the atv forums everyone has their stock shock revalved for this linkage. My wife doesn't ride very hard so would it be ok to run the unmodified stock rear shock? Thanks

blacknblue#2
09-26-2013, 04:09 AM
I think you will be fine if your wife is a moderate rider. I know a guy that ran a stock shock with that linkage for a whole season of mx in the A class. The most important thing is dont let someone else tell you what adjustments to make on it. Leave it alone, let her ride it and ask her what it needs if anything. and make your adjustments based on her riding

slainwarrior
09-26-2013, 01:44 PM
I rode my 05 with the gt thunder mx link without a revalve for almost 3 years. As long as your not over shooting huge jumps by 10 feet and landing flat she will be fine.