PDA

View Full Version : How not to run a website forum

2001400exrida
09-24-2013, 04:37 PM
As some know, i was a member on the org for years. I just wanted to show some people how i was treated and the type of trolling that went on. My account went banned simply because i got trolled to death and certain members did not like me.

Sorry if this is a rant thread, but i think people should see how some of the members there act and what ultimately happened to my account. many of these guys are members here as well..
my account there was ridinlow

http://www.trx450r.org/forum/92-lounge/235586-looking-site-staff.html

i encourage anyone to click on the ridinlow profile and go to all the threads and read my posts.....you will not find a banable offense, at least not according to the majority. however moderators took it upon themself since they did not like me to troll me to death.

blacknblue#2
09-25-2013, 04:25 AM
I didnt read thru your post, However i will agree that site has went thru some major changes. Ive been a member there since back when 1 single individual owned it. I quit frequently visiting that site when it was bought out by the ppl that own several other atv forums.....You would have never seen a YFZ advertisement on that site back in the day haha. I cant remember the guys name that originally started that site but i remember he lived in lawrenceburg indiana (which is about an hour from me thats why i remember it so well) and he was also a member on this site way back when.

2001400exrida
09-25-2013, 07:09 AM
Yeah, the sad story is that many forums suffered the corporate buy out. For many it was beneficial and for the org it really isn't bad. The real problem is that it's very clicky over there. Regardless of the friends i have on that forum and the posts i've made, you can't win against hardcore clicky groups like the one on that forum. Recently a paying sponsor of the org who has paid over 1,000 to be a site vendor, was called out by a MOD saying he was unprofessional and horrible business. There are plenty of people posting in defense of the vendor, but this specific mod has so many clicky friends that it's almost impossible for the vendor to get his business reputation back, regardless of how many members post in his defense with good experience. I truly feel bad when a site vendor pays that kind of money and then a moderator tries to bring his business down. 1 bad experience is not worth posting to the world about especially by using your administrative position to entitle yourself. Things have cooled off with this vendor, but it was completely out of line for a moderator to start such a drama thread in a direct attempt to bring down business on a supporting sponsor. Best thing to do would have been to try and settle the issue with the vendor instead of jumping the gun and posting bad feedback so quickly.

alanbmx
09-25-2013, 08:42 AM
yawn:rolleyes:

250R-Dee
09-25-2013, 10:10 AM
No need to start drama over here too. PM me if you have questions about the closing of this thread.