PDA

View Full Version : Doug Gust ATV Throwdown Sept 27-29

skyeryder
09-23-2013, 10:28 AM
We all need to get and support this quad only event would be nice to have a yearly event like this after Nationals, not very often a promoter of a track wants to do things for us quad riders..... Link below for more info
http://www.lincolntrailmotosports.com/

BlasterEaten250
09-23-2013, 09:18 PM
My family and I should be there!!

CADWELL
09-24-2013, 10:47 AM
Sounds like a very fun event...it would be nice to see good support for it...

fastex91
09-25-2013, 09:26 AM
Bring your friends and family. We are racing on the "new" track that has never let quads on before. Its a fast flowing track with good jumps. The weather is going to be great and there is a $1000.00 Pro purse on Saturday and Sunday. "A" riders can ride the pro class too. Bring your SXS and race it too during intermission both days also.

2001400exrida
09-25-2013, 09:39 AM
they're finally letting the quads on the bomber track! I've been waiting for this day! That track is professional built and if the quads run it like the bikes do it will be an awesome day of racing!

BlasterEaten250
09-25-2013, 02:48 PM
I wonder if all classes will be run on the Bomber track or just pro/A/B classes. I was wanting to enter the 400cc class but there is no way my 400ex would make it around the bomber smoothly. That is definitely more of a fully suspended quad and/or dirt bike track. I really had to push it to clear half the jumps on my yz125.

fastex91
09-25-2013, 07:40 PM
ALL classes are running the Bomber track. Look at it this way, everyone in your class will have the same issues as you. You may not get another chance on it for another year.

BlasterEaten250
09-25-2013, 11:22 PM
Oh I know! I was just thinking out loud I suppose. Still excited to attend the event this weekend.

2001400exrida
09-26-2013, 05:39 AM
Blasteaten where are you located? I ride Casey several times a month. We should meet out there sometime. I'll be there with my yfz this weekend.

BlasterEaten250
09-26-2013, 09:54 AM
Going to school at EIU. Last year I rode at Lincoln Trail several times a week since it was only 15 minutes from me I but haven't been there lately since I sold my dirt bikes and my 400ex is at home 4 hours away. Wish I would have known last year since I was always looking for someone to ride with out there! Are you racing or just riding?

2001400exrida
09-26-2013, 10:42 AM
just riding, i don't race mx. I do the hare scrambles out there a couple times a year, in fact they have one coming up in october that i'll be riding in. it's a team race. If you get your quad down here we can run a team race together. last year there was only 2 of us on a team, but to have 3 people would save some back pain, lol.

I have lots of family in the charleston area. graduated from EIU myself, course that was 5 years ago, lol.

BlasterEaten250
09-26-2013, 10:51 AM
I was really close to doing the turkey trot last year, it seems like a fun race. I will have to see what I am doing that weekend. I might be able to convince the brother to bring the quads down!

skyeryder
09-30-2013, 11:05 AM
Us as quad riders failed to support this event and this track owner probably won't be going out of their way to support quads again like this. These guys worked hard to give us a awesome track to race on and some cool events around it. The mud bog was very entertaining and they had a good band. Plus with over 200 acres to ride on between motos. It would have been great to have a fall event just for quads. To all the people that complain about tracks not allowing quads where were you..... sad, guess I took it kinda personal and to heart wanted to see quads support this, but it is what it is. Thanks to LTM Offroad and CW Motorsports

2001400exrida
09-30-2013, 11:57 AM
how many showed up?

BlasterEaten250
09-30-2013, 12:40 PM
I heard there were about 60 quads there. I watched and it was some good racing, just needed more people out there.

2001400exrida
09-30-2013, 12:57 PM
yeah i'm used to going to the normal motocross races with bikes too and you're lucky if you see 30 quads. i know this was quads only so they probably wanted more, but for the regular motocross races that would be a huge turnout.

quad2xtreme
09-30-2013, 01:40 PM
To all the people that complain about tracks not allowing quads where were you..... sad, guess I took it kinda personal and to heart wanted to see quads support this, but it is what it is. Thanks to LTM Offroad and CW Motorsports

This is what essentially happened at North Carolina Motorsports Park (NCMP). Constant lack of support of quad riders (4 or 5 showing up on non-race weekends). Then to top it off, the owner cancelled a XC race due to really bad weather because he didn't want his woods torn up. Quad riders got online about a mass quad rider boycott of the park. He said "I'll do you one better...no more quads on the premises at all and no more quads for any race events after the few remaining ones scheduled this year." Boycott quickly made a non-issue.

fastex91
10-01-2013, 05:39 PM
Not only did not many people go but other than the 18 of us that signed up on Sunday pretty much screwed it for quads there in the future. I've been racing xc and a little mud doesn't kill you. You guys didn't even give it a chance, the track was packed and would have been perfect if opened up. Don't give me this crap about an mx quad being more than an xc quad and you didn't want to hurt it. A bunch of pu$$y premadona's who think they are special. I will stay with the quad racers who race in all conditions and not just the groomed perfect tracks.

skyeryder
10-02-2013, 06:56 AM
Another negative to come out of this is, I heard there were other tracks considering doing this same type thing for the quads riders, I'm guessing after they heard these numbers that won't happen. We're slowly killing our own sport, before you know it quads will basically be XC racers only. I guess it's a good thing my kid is kinda wanting to switch to 2 wheels. I hate complaining like this but I've raced quads off and on for twenty years, guess I'm just passioniate about the sport.

2001400exrida
10-02-2013, 08:00 AM
I'm totally with ya, you should see how dead the FT and TT quad sport has become. In our district races we had a couple turnouts of only 4 or 5 guys for a couple races. Some of them had 10-12 quads, but FT is a bike sport. The only way i can get in some good races is to travel with the MWEDT circuit and that's all quads so it's got alot of class options. We're hoping next year we can get a lot more racers into the TT and FT local racing....I know i've been trying to get anybody and everybody i know to run some races.

Did they not run on Sunday or what?

skyeryder
10-05-2013, 04:06 PM
Any of you that were there do you happen to have phone number of the guy that had the nice pitbike for sale over by classic track forgot to get his number would like to see if he still has it thanks

trick450r
10-23-2013, 05:31 PM
Not only did not many people go but other than the 18 of us that signed up on Sunday pretty much screwed it for quads there in the future. I've been racing xc and a little mud doesn't kill you. You guys didn't even give it a chance, the track was packed and would have been perfect if opened up. Don't give me this crap about an mx quad being more than an xc quad and you didn't want to hurt it. A bunch of pu$$y premadona's who think they are special. I will stay with the quad racers who race in all conditions and not just the groomed perfect tracks.

Not sure what MX series doesn't run in the mud. I had to run a bunch of races on horrid conditions with NEATV over the years. Nothing better than follow the leader around a one line track in blinding rain burning through tear-offs like they're free!

As far as the mx vs. xc setup...cant speak for everyone but my quad had/has no fan, no skidplates etc etc...I ran mud races for points, paying for a muddy day with nothing on the line is gonna be a no go for a lot of mx guys.

guy310
10-23-2013, 07:49 PM
I know it sucks there was not a good turnout but lets see it for what it is and not look at it too idealistically. This was an event with no publicity and hardly any advance notice. Its a first year event at the end of the season, I mean you have to have realistic expectations.