PDA

View Full Version : sand paddles

4004life
03-19-2003, 01:53 PM
Does anyone know where i can find skat trak extreme paddles online? Im looking to buy a set with rims but i cant find any sites.

Big - D Racing
03-19-2003, 10:18 PM
I hope your not going to put those on a 400ex unless it is a heavily built 465 stroker or larger. If you put them on a stock or mildly built 400 u will be going no more fast. There is a such thing as too much paddle. The quads that run extreme haulers are usually built banshee's and Quadzillas that run like 60 plus horsepower, stock ex puts out @ 27hp. Not too many other quads run them. I don't know if a built 465 could even turn them really good. If putting them on a 400ex, it should probably be a built 500 stroker.

QuadJunkies
03-20-2003, 03:04 AM
Big D is totally correct on this....Where will you be riding???

airheadedduner
03-20-2003, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by Big - D Racing
I hope your not going to put those on a 400ex unless it is a heavily built 465 stroker or larger. If you put them on a stock or mildly built 400 u will be going no more fast. There is a such thing as too much paddle. The quads that run extreme haulers are usually built banshee's and Quadzillas that run like 60 plus horsepower, stock ex puts out @ 27hp. Not too many other quads run them. I don't know if a built 465 could even turn them really good. If putting them on a 400ex, it should probably be a built 500 stroker.
Nope.....
Extemes are exactly the same paddle as regular haulers EXCEPT that they have kevlar reinforced paddles to make them more durable. The blades are the same hight. You are thinking of taller haulers.

A 400EX with mild mods(pipe, filter) will pull them okay.

QuadJunkies
03-20-2003, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by airheadedduner
Nope.....
Extemes are exactly the same paddle as regular haulers EXCEPT that they have kevlar reinforced paddles to make them more durable. The blades are the same hight. You are thinking of taller haulers.

A 400EX with mild mods(pipe, filter) will pull them okay. Yep... taller Haulers is what I was thinking..:o So is the cup any DEEPER in the Extremes? I think Ill stick with a hauler for mine except Ill be buying for the 400ex now instead of the 300ex

QuadJunkies
03-20-2003, 05:32 AM
I was reading over the catalog I have, and its says that the glider is more for the 4 stroke and the hauler for the two stroke or HP machines.. Should I reconsider this for my 400ex??I am tired of spending all my money on tires...lol:p this will be abou the 10th set of tires in a year between all the quads we have,so I want to make it good this time for my paddles...~~4004life~~what kind of mods you got???

airheadedduner
03-20-2003, 05:59 AM
The cup on the extemes is the same as the regular haulers. I think extremes would be okay on the EX. Gliders would not be enough. We ran gliders on a blaster we had. Stock it was fine but after putting a pipe on it the gliders were not enough. It would just spin like crazy but not go anywhere(though it did throw some awesome roost). Maybe look into 7 paddle haulers if you were concerened with not having enough power to pull them. As light as you are QJ, 8s would probly be okay.

QuadJunkies
03-20-2003, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by airheadedduner
The cup on the extemes is the same as the regular haulers. I think extremes would be okay on the EX. Gliders would not be enough. We ran gliders on a blaster we had. Stock it was fine but after putting a pipe on it the gliders were not enough. It would just spin like crazy but not go anywhere(though it did throw some awesome roost). Maybe look into 7 paddle haulers if you were concerened with not having enough power to pull them. As light as you are QJ, 8s would probly be okay. WE ran Turbo paddles on the 400ex last year and it did good,really good actually,but I thought I would try and find one more set to try and also a V paddle for just playing around in..Thanks,Ill stick with my
first initial plan and get the haulers and mohawk fronts...;)

airheadedduner
03-20-2003, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Ill stick with my
first initial plan and get the haulers and mohawk fronts...;)
My prefered setup;) :D

quadrcr87
03-23-2003, 04:46 PM
i got some skat trak exremes on my now z 400 they hook up awesome and the z has plenty of power. they are so rough on any hard surface. i like the haulers on my 250x and the sand skate IIs on my banshee turn great

quadrcr87
03-23-2003, 04:47 PM
oh yeah get the 10 inch rim in the rear it looks sweet

carlj75
03-25-2003, 05:56 AM
I found that Rocky Mountain ATV had them the cheapest. I bought 20x10x10 8 paddle extreme grip haulers and 21x7x10 mohawks. I got the douglas .160 rims and spent the $12.00 extra for chrome valve stems. $439.07 was the total with shipping. The only difference between the extreme's and the regular haulers is the thickness of the paddle. They are the same height. I have seen too many regular haulers with split or broken paddles, so I went with the thicker paddles. The price for just the rears with wheels was $236.99. Hope this helps. Oh yeah, it took me 5 days to get them.

QuadJunkies
03-25-2003, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by carlj75
I found that Rocky Mountain ATV had them the cheapest. I bought 20x10x10 8 paddle extreme grip haulers and 21x7x10 mohawks. I got the douglas .160 rims and spent the $12.00 extra for chrome valve stems. $439.07 was the total with shipping. The only difference between the extreme's and the regular haulers is the thickness of the paddle. They are the same height. I have seen too many regular haulers with split or broken paddles, so I went with the thicker paddles. The price for just the rears with wheels was $236.99. Hope this helps. Oh yeah, it took me 5 days to get them. so if the only difference is the thickness, I wonder why they even make the reg. haulers then:confused: it sounds like the extreme are the same but made better,they shouldnt be harder to push should they if they are thicker.... right?:huh HOly cow... and to think I need a full set of tires for mine and a full set of rooster for the predator in a few months and all new rims....UGH..:confused2

carlj75
03-25-2003, 06:10 AM
I haven't ridden on them yet. All I know is..don't waste you're money on those crappy Sand Geckos. All they do is dig holes and get you stuck.

QuadJunkies
03-25-2003, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by carlj75
I haven't ridden on them yet. All I know is..don't waste you're money on those crappy Sand Geckos. All they do is dig holes and get you stuck. yeah, I have heard from a few here at St. Anthonys that they suck...Well post some pics of your new set up when you can and tell us how you like them..I may just stick with my Turbo paddles or use them on the Predator...This tire is still in mint condition..

carlj75
03-25-2003, 06:29 AM
Well, we are heading down to Florence on Thursday so I'll let you know how they do. I'll try to borrow somebody's digital camera so I can post some pictures.

CHAUNCY
03-25-2003, 01:54 PM
Have fun and try an get some pics.

ChadEXer
03-26-2003, 03:31 AM
Im thinking about getting me a set of those Ultra Light Haulers! Have you guys heard of those?? They are basically a regualer Hauler shaved down very thin,,,there not as tough as other Haulers, but they are light as he!!,,,a hardcore drag racer must have!! My friend has a set on his 350R, 10 paddles. They are awesome!! But I will probably get those later, right now I am looking for a set of haulers to run for this weekend sand drag races,,,I need to get me a set overnighted. Anybody got any??

QuadJunkies
03-26-2003, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by ChadEXer
Im thinking about getting me a set of those Ultra Light Haulers! Have you guys heard of those?? They are basically a regualer Hauler shaved down very thin,,,there not as tough as other Haulers, but they are light as he!!,,,a hardcore drag racer must have!! My friend has a set on his 350R, 10 paddles. They are awesome!! But I will probably get those later, right now I am looking for a set of haulers to run for this weekend sand drag races,,,I need to get me a set overnighted. Anybody got any?? I have never heard of the light haulers...:huh you got any pics of them??? I would like to see and hear about these paddles..Im still curious about the new ones Skat Trak put out...are the light paddles all one mold? or are paddles separate....

quadrcr87
03-26-2003, 08:13 AM
it is harder for the engine to turn the extremes. they are thicker wich stops the paddles from flexing. they sugest them only for high hp. like a z or teh banshee. it give a rougher ride at slow speed. but has realy hard and agressive hook up

ChadEXer
03-26-2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I have never heard of the light haulers...:huh you got any pics of them??? I would like to see and hear about these paddles..Im still curious about the new ones Skat Trak put out...are the light paddles all one mold? or are paddles separate....
The paddles are seperate. You cant tell the difference looking at them and a regular set of Hauler paddles, you can only tell if your holding them both,,they are quite a bit lighter!!

Porkchop
03-26-2003, 12:41 PM
sounds like those extreme paddles are the poop then! I've got Gecko's right now and I used them once down at Sand Lake and they sucked.. it was the first time riding the 400 in the sand too and I thought the Gecko's worked better on the old 300. so I think some extreme hauler 8 paddles might do it for the 400 and the Gecko's get handed down to my little brothers 250ex. I'm going down to whincester over spring break so I may go down a tooth on the front sprocket so it will pull easier and wont dig holes... in 2nd gear it wasnt enough and 1st gear sucked.. so maybe going down a tooth in the front might work better... :huh

How do the turbo paddles work? and are they any cheaper then extreme haulers?

chad400ex
03-26-2003, 02:39 PM
Well...I've got the Gecko's and I've never had any problems with them. They aren't the best for drag racing, but I haven't found a hill in the Oregon Dunes that I couldn't climb with them and my set-up. Plus, I'm not exactly a light load for my quad (220 pounds). I think it's all a matter of finding the right tire pressure. I have been looking for a lighter set of straight paddles for better hill climbing ability. From what I've seen, the haulers are the most popular choice, but don't forget about the Sand Skate II's. Those things are light, hook up very well, and throw one heck of a roost. A buddy of mine has them on a bone-stock 400ex, and he was climbing hills at Winchester Bay with no problems.

Any of you Oregon/Washington members, check out www.nwquadriders.com It's a local club (okay, it's my club), but you can find out what works on different types of bikes in the dunes along the West Coast.

Chad

mopar 400
03-26-2003, 04:13 PM
I have to agree with Chad here. I have the Skate 2's and they throw one hell of a roost for a V paddle. I think they run great for climbing and all day dune riding. They even perform pretty damn nice in a straight drag. The only others I would run are the Haulers, but that would be for straight line racing only!

Porkchop
03-26-2003, 04:36 PM
sand skates are my second choice too..

QuadJunkies
03-26-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Porkchop
sounds like those extreme paddles are the poop then! I've got Gecko's right now and I used them once down at Sand Lake and they sucked.. it was the first time riding the 400 in the sand too and I thought the Gecko's worked better on the old 300. so I think some extreme hauler 8 paddles might do it for the 400 and the Gecko's get handed down to my little brothers 250ex. I'm going down to whincester over spring break so I may go down a tooth on the front sprocket so it will pull easier and wont dig holes... in 2nd gear it wasnt enough and 1st gear sucked.. so maybe going down a tooth in the front might work better... :huh

How do the turbo paddles work? and are they any cheaper then extreme haulers? yes they are cheaper, I paid 56.95 a tire for mine through western power sports.there are a few other members here that have them and love them also..I love them ,they are one mold and hold up really good,they also have a reinforcement in the center for more durability...

QuadJunkies
03-26-2003, 06:41 PM
I highly reccomend these for the 400ex they worked awesome at St. Anthonys.......

brif
03-28-2003, 09:52 PM
anybody have a link to where i can buy some turbo paddles?:)

chad400ex
03-29-2003, 02:21 AM
brif: I just thought I'd tell you how good those turbo paddles work on your quad. I ride with a guy who's got a KFX400, and he rips it up with those tires. He's got a pipe/filter/jetting as well.

Good luck finding them!!! I'm thinking about replacing my Geckos with a pair of them as well.

QuadJunkies
03-29-2003, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by brif
anybody have a link to where i can buy some turbo paddles?:) brif~~~ I dont know if you have this warehouse where you live or not, but Western power sports has them but you have to be a dealer to buy them.. Contact your local dealer and have them look up"kings tire" I was told a very large warehouse was going up back east .. If not they have a warehouse here in Boise Idaho he can order them from... Last I checked ,there website was under construction..

XxXx~FLY~xXxX
03-30-2003, 07:04 AM
would 20x10x10 haulers be too much for a stock 400ex with a 14t front sprocket???

QuadJunkies
03-30-2003, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by XxXx~FLY~xXxX
would 20x10x10 haulers be too much for a stock 400ex with a 14t front sprocket??? hmmm.. maybe be ok with .. I use a 20x11-9 on my 400exwith the turbo paddles ..Its just a preferance.. how many paddles???

XxXx~FLY~xXxX
03-30-2003, 12:35 PM
so is that a yes?? i just don't wanna lose n e power or put a strain on my motor. i was thinkin of 8 paddles but now i'm thinkin 7. also i'm gonna be gettin a pipe , k&n and jet kit pretty soon...so n e ways do u think i could push the 20x10x10 hauler farly good for now???

thanx,
chris

QuadJunkies
03-30-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by XxXx~FLY~xXxX
so is that a yes?? i just don't wanna lose n e power or put a strain on my motor. i was thinkin of 8 paddles but now i'm thinkin 7. also i'm gonna be gettin a pipe , k&n and jet kit pretty soon...so n e ways do u think i could push the 20x10x10 hauler farly good for now???

thanx,
chris well a pipe will help for sure, I think a 7 paddle would be best. I have a full system Yoshi and run the turbo paddles,and I am going to switch out and get the hauler 6-7 paddles and put the turbos on the predator. if you dont want to rob your power, I would stick to a smaller tire and less paddles..Tina :)

quadrcr87
03-31-2003, 08:14 AM
dirt wheels said the predator really loses power with paddles.

QuadJunkies
03-31-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by quadrcr87
dirt wheels said the predator really loses power with paddles. They also did the test with the roosters didnt they?heh you ought to try and ride with the stock tires!! Those Razrs suckola in the sand ...:o LOL..... If the 400ex did good in the turbo paddles, then the predator should rock in them...:cool:

carlj75
04-01-2003, 12:55 PM
Just got back from Florence yesterday. My 8 paddle extreme grip haulers worked really well. They didn't bog the motor down and they are super light. It was kind of hard to get used to turning with them since I had sand sharks before. The sand sharks let me slide the rear end around a lot better, but I am very happy with the haulers. (and the haulers throw a way better roost).

Porkchop
04-01-2003, 03:42 PM
got any pic's of them?