PDA

View Full Version : back pressure on my 300ex with white bros e series

Dustybear300ex
03-19-2003, 01:17 PM
i have a white bros e series and was wondering what would happen if i take all of the disks off and have one open disk on (so u can see inside of the exhaust). i know it will be louder, i want it louder, but will it run really ****ty all around. if this isnt good then what do u reccomend?

lex luger
03-19-2003, 01:28 PM
i like riding around thinking iam the loudest out there(or used to) but dont just make it loud to me a dick...thats what gives all the ATV'ers a bad name....back pressure will be fine

take it easy, Lex

heavy_d
03-19-2003, 01:36 PM
yeah i took all the disks off of my supertrapp i had before it was fine, i love to be loud and I don't give a flying F#$k if its too loud:devil

mysticfalcon
03-19-2003, 01:42 PM
and people like you are why us atvers have such a bad name. If we dont do all we can to make the non atvers happy then we'll all be stuck only able to ride in atv off road fury 2

heavy_d
03-19-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by mysticfalcon
and people like you are why us atvers have such a bad name. If we dont do all we can to make the non atvers happy then we'll all be stuck only able to ride in atv off road fury 2

well when you live out in the middle of nowhere it really doesn't matter

Dustybear300ex
03-19-2003, 02:12 PM
but guys i dont want to be obnoxous i just want to know performance wise. if i only have the shiny open end piece on will it be loud as **** and still have an ok power range or if i put all of the disks on except the one that shuts the end or keep all of the disks on or take them all off or what. sorry if i made the wrong impression.
dustin

heavy_d
03-19-2003, 02:16 PM
i thought it added more power when i took the disks off because there was less restriction, but yet enough restriction

lex luger
03-19-2003, 02:21 PM
less disks more low end torque, more disks top end,

just think: when your pipe is more open to flow, it creates a...*jet stream* if you will, and almost RAMS the exhaust out, but if you hold it in...i think a good way is to remember, a cool runing engine and (a) hot pipe(s) creats sufficent HP...

Burden7
03-20-2003, 02:29 AM
I run a carbon fiber E-series with just the turn-down endcap on it and it is still quieter than a sparks, TC, or pro circuit pipe. The exhaust flows the most air without any disks installed. I have been running it like that for 2-3 years without any problems.