PDA

View Full Version : help with wiring Cr ignition

450madman
09-18-2013, 09:00 PM
I have two wires left to complete my 01 Cr250r ignition install on my 86 R. They are black/white and black. I believe the go to my kill switch. I removed all the wiring for the lights and stock ignition. What's left is the two sets of wires from my kill/light switch. The one for the lights has a blue, green, and white wire. The other one has a black wire with a male connector and three wires into a plug (white, brown, and green). What color wires would I connect the last two black/white and black wires from the cr ignition into?

SlOoT
09-19-2013, 12:47 AM
If the black wire is a ground then the black/white and black are for the killswitch.
When the black/white wire makes contact with a ground (or frame/engine) the engine will shut off.

450madman
09-19-2013, 10:04 PM
If I installed an aftermarket killswitch, I should be able to just hook it up to my 2 remaining wires.

SlOoT
09-20-2013, 01:44 AM
Correct. But then the only way to shut the engine off is by pulling the killswitch.

chopp124
09-22-2013, 06:13 PM
take more pics u should have two wires going from your stator up to the cdi. then wire going to your coil other wire will be ground. then a wire off your cdi the will go to the kill switch and other wire will be grounded. im pretty sure the wire off the stator was the black and white. green will be ground. take pice of all, stator wires and cdi

450madman
09-22-2013, 07:41 PM
I figured it out. I removed my original kill/light switch. I bought a cr kill switch. It plugs directly into the two remaining wires. One wire grounds to the kill switch clamp and the other to the kill switch. Thanks for your help