PDA

View Full Version : Attention Illinois Flattrackers: New Track Needs Help

panici33
09-18-2013, 07:29 PM
TNT Speedway in Tampico, IL will be holding races thru the rest of September and October. With the help of racers, this track is trying to get on the D17 AMA schedule for next year.

I have not been here yet, so I cannot tell you about the track itself other than what I have seen from pictures and Youtube, but another track to the Centeral/Northern Illinois area is great for our sport. Four entries to make a class. I think there are at least four other quad racers in the area, plus the rest of the tracks in the area are done for the year, I believe.

I'll plan to be there probably for the first weekend in October has my quad will be up and running (finally). Below is there Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lanca...04?ref=profile

2001400exrida
09-19-2013, 07:23 AM
Keep us posted on dates, there are a few of us that may be interested in making a trip this year to try it out.

panici33
09-19-2013, 07:24 PM
Next race is posted on their Facebook page as September 28th.

panici33
09-27-2013, 06:48 PM
I'll be there this Sunday for a little test and tune. I will let everyone know how the track is...GoPro equipped. Come on out and ride...track owner doesn't charge for practice, just asks for donations.

1870 Coleta Rd Tampico, IL

panici33
09-27-2013, 06:50 PM
I'll be there this Sunday for a little test and tune. I will let everyone know how the track is...GoPro equipped. Come on out and ride...track owner doesn't charge for practice, just asks for donations.

1870 Coleta Rd Tampico, IL

2001400exrida
09-28-2013, 06:34 AM
So no races but will there be guys out there riding?

panici33
09-30-2013, 06:05 PM
I was at the track in Tampico and had a good time; quad is running great (except for that annoying leak on the right crank case cover, which plan to fix this weekend). Here's the lowdown:

Facilities: Great hospitality at the track! Parking could be tight if there is a really big turn out but not much of an issue. Bathrooms, however, only one port-a-potty, but if numbers increased I am sure there could be more.

Track: The track is tight; reminds me a lot like Pekin, but smaller. It's more of a 1/5th mile than 1/4. It's very slick when there is no moisture in the track due to the sandy dirt on the top, but very tacky when there is moisture and some rubber is laid down. And it's SMOOTH; hardly any rough stuff. I got there late morning so most of the moisture from the rain the night before was dried up, so I was depending on the track's water truck, which they do have. I would imagine they would water it more often during a race, but for the most part I was dealing with a dry, loose track. I have stock gearing, 14/38, and I was in 4th coming out and 3rd going in.

The track owner is still going to hold races every weekend; 4 entries makes a class, and if there is not a race there is FREE open practice (donations accepted). I have other arrangements this weekend but the weekend of the 12th I'm up for some racing if anyone is interested. Overall, the track is decent.

I will post some video later.

panici33
09-30-2013, 06:05 PM
So no races but will there be guys out there riding?

I was the only quad; about 5 dirt bikers.

panici33
10-02-2013, 07:08 PM
Some sloppy slaps at Tampico...

http://youtu.be/oSCChhu8PZg