PDA

View Full Version : GNCC the gusher

HondaRacing83
09-18-2013, 02:34 PM
I'm going to watch my first gncc saturday because its local but i dont have the closest clue about it. How much is it to get in? Where do i stand? Do I have to wear like rubber boots? Someone tell me what i should know before i go thanks!

2001400exrida
09-18-2013, 02:43 PM
You can wear whatever you want. Call the track and find out how much they are charging at the gate, every track is different. There will most likely be grand stands or some sort of place near the start and finish where you an watch people.

Warning, GNCC races can be kind of boring because you will only see about 1/100 of the course.

HondaRacing83
09-18-2013, 02:49 PM
I wanna stand in the woods somewhere

Scro
09-18-2013, 05:35 PM
Far from boring if you'll spend a little time hiking. Either find a course worker that can tell you where the hills or mud holes are. If you can't find one of them, just follow the crowd. Or stalk Pappy around like a lost pup....tell him I sent you.:devil:

kt1148
09-18-2013, 07:14 PM
Not boring at all, if you like GNCC. Just have to look for, or ask people where the good spots are. Here's a link with some info towards the bottom about price & quads race Saturday, bikes Sunday...http://gnccracing.com/2013/09/17/inaugural-car-mate-gusher-gncc-visits-northwest-pennsylvania-this-weekend

ben300
09-18-2013, 07:39 PM
its $15 to get in and thats a one time fee so if you come down friday, and pay $15 that'll cover you the whole weekend to camp, or do what ever you like

amatuer race(c-classes,sport,schoolboy,utilities,women pro and am, sportsman a/b, first year, super senior) is at 10am and the pro race (pro,proam, A and B classes) is at 1pm

http://gnccracing.com/event/the-gusher

best place to be at the start is by the start. chances are there wont be any grand stands to sit in. word is barry hawk and the crew started yesterday laying out the track (barry has been there previously to scope it out). follow the crowds, the track marshalls, and the photographers and you'll find the best spots to watch. you'll be surprised by how much of the track, if you do a little walking, you can see. its far from boring.

also, makes sure you get back to the finish line by 2pm. sometimes the end of hte pro or pro am races can get pretty interesting.

see ya there!

Longdong
09-18-2013, 08:06 PM
Youth start at 8:00am

zyoung04
09-18-2013, 10:34 PM
I've always wanted to see the ironman. Looks like a challenging course. Seems like the weather is always crappy though

blacknblue#2
09-19-2013, 04:52 AM
I dont see how watching a GNCC could be boring. Ive set in the woods for hours at a time watching yahoos attempt hills. 50 yahoos attempting hills at once would be 50 times the enjoyment haha

chronicsmoke
09-19-2013, 06:07 AM
I'm going to watch my first gncc saturday because its local but i dont have the closest clue about it. How much is it to get in? Where do i stand? Do I have to wear like rubber boots? Someone tell me what i should know before i go thanks!

Get out there and RACE IT!! :macho

2001400exrida
09-19-2013, 07:18 AM
I dont see how watching a GNCC could be boring. Ive set in the woods for hours at a time watching yahoos attempt hills. 50 yahoos attempting hills at once would be 50 times the enjoyment haha

boring may have been an overstatement, but my point was that you won't see the whole course and you will have to seek out the good spots, which can totally be done. we have several in my area and i always know right where to go to find the spots where the riders pile up. I'm not sure if this track is the same but our local place still allows daily riders to ride as long as they stay off the course. This makes it very easy to go from spot to spot to watch guys try to tackle hills.