View Full Version : Really starting to make me mad.

jarfly
09-17-2013, 10:11 PM
So went and bought a complete parts bike with bad piston for my ex that needed a cam/rocker set/cdi So today I got it put back on and hit my starter button nothing, same as be for. I changed the cdi out and got it to back fireing a few times (still don't know if it is the right cdi its about 1/4 smaller than the stock) So pulled my rocker back off some how I got it out of time, Tried putting it back in time and nothing, I'm thinking I may have put my cam gear on backwards I got the up and down mark pointing to when the cam is flat and lobes pointing down.
So whats everones thoughts on this? got a BIG ride this weekend and want to ride my 440

Drifterboy3
09-18-2013, 07:44 AM
I believe there is a side that says "out" on the cam gear. And I may be wrong (it's been a while since I rebuilt mine) there should be two lines on the cam gear those lines should be level with the head if you look from the side. Do you have compression?

jarfly
09-18-2013, 10:39 AM
and does the mark on the cam go up with the lobes faceing down

jarfly
09-18-2013, 11:41 PM
well ended up saying f it and tore it down. My piston is shot so is my jug turns out stock piston bore. So I'm thinking of getting it bord out if I can and going to 426. with a 11.1 piston,.

Drifterboy3
09-21-2013, 06:52 PM
How is your piston shot?