View Full Version : Ohio DNR Survey

Resq
09-16-2013, 10:13 AM
http://www2.ohiodnr.gov/news/post/odnr-seeks-input-from-ohioans-regarding-outdoor-recreation-preferences

Please be sure to participate in this ODNR survey and tell the Ohio Dept of Natural Resources you want more motorized trails in Ohio!...

Today ODNR manages less than 50 miles of ATV/dirt bike trails state wide, compared to 2,500 miles of non-motorized. This is despite the huge population of off road recreationist in Ohio, and the immense sums of taxes paid by riders and the industry.

blacknblue#2
09-16-2013, 11:30 AM
i took it, they do good work on the trails they claim but theres a lot more riding in southern ohio than they account for.

K-Dub
09-18-2013, 07:32 PM
Took the survey. There is 1000s of acres of ODNR land near me in Monroe county, but we are not allowed motorized vehicles.

blacknblue#2
09-19-2013, 05:07 AM
http://www.cincymuseum.org/nature

This place come in and bought all of our riding ground up. It started with a hanging rock called buzzards roost basically. I had a best friend in high school that lived right in the center of all this riding. We would pack in his house on friday night. We would ride non stop until sunday evening and it never got old. Then this place started coming in and buying ground off the sick elderly. Paying cash for the land with the deal being the person could reside there till they died. They put fence up everywhere. They dont have a clue the money they could make if they charged a yearly fee of 30 bucks for trail access. The trails are there and a lot still get rode on illegally anyway. Everyone ive talked to said they would pay a yearly fee to be able to ride all the old trails again...legally!!!

Resq
09-19-2013, 06:04 AM
Great points, we lost land near me in that very same way.

The information I have, the state can not go to a landowner and ask about buying recreation property, SO, if you know of an area, contact the land owner, and suggest he contact a state recreational representative. How Perry and pike are being expanded. The state is looking to expand riding opportunity, won't happen fast, but they are looking.