PDA

View Full Version : Illinois residents/riders

KKiowaTJ
09-13-2013, 07:50 PM
Its going to be awesome weather tomorrow for riding and was curious about the new 'sticker' law in Illinois for out of state riders? I would post in general but its been dead here lately. Can I get them at a gas station? Or send in? I know its last minute and im about to say f it and ride and pay a ticket. But just curious if anyone has hassled yet, They said july 2013 it started? IIRC But if it can be had easily I would rather buy it and be done.

KKiowaTJ
09-14-2013, 07:16 PM
I didn't buy one, But its a new 'commie' Illinois law, $5 goes to DNR and the government gets the rest. You need it regardless they said even on 'private' land and track, But they cant trespass to check. The fine is $120 dollars if they can catch you or trespass to write. Oh well, Nothing they can do but ***** unless on OHV land.

Stickman400
09-14-2013, 11:39 PM
I hadn't even heard about this until you mentioned it, and I live about 15 or 20 minutes from Hamilton, IL and have several friends over there who ride and they haven't said anything about it.

2001400exrida
09-15-2013, 07:28 AM
is this in addition to the OHV sticker that is required?

The private parks around here really don't like the stickers because they have to enforce and sell them and they typically get small grants, but nothing worth mentioning.

Illinois has some good riding spots and I have no problem buying my annual OHV sticker. It's well worth it. Far as my flat track quad though i don't buy any stickers for it.

http://www.dnr.state.il.us/ocd/newohv2.htm

KKiowaTJ
09-15-2013, 12:57 PM
Yeah, Its a new one needed along with OHV. It started july 1st 13'. I called Henderson county sheriff and asked him and was told we needed them. You can get them at gas stations near riding spots or the slow boat from springfield.

I herd of it and didn't want t chance it to be safe. IIRC has something to do with epa maybe, But all the reading I did, I got the best answers calling. I just wanted to post up about it incase out of state riders come so they don't get a $120 dollar ticket for nothing/something they knew nothing about. It don't help Illinois didn't make it more clear and known, But its only $15 I think and needs renewed every march.

Fix29
09-20-2013, 09:45 AM
I found this.

http://www.bnd.com/2013/09/20/2807833/state-eyes-15-annual-atv-fee.html

2001400exrida
09-20-2013, 10:01 AM
^^^So it's not actually in affect yet. I wondered because none of my spots have said anything about it. THey all require the OHV sticker but i've not heard or seen anything about this additional registration. Glad to know it does not actual apply yet.

Stroisch400ex
09-20-2013, 01:44 PM
i didnt know anything about it around here

Fix29
09-20-2013, 03:10 PM
I had not heard anything either until I saw this post. Then today I saw that article on one of the local newspapers website. Just another way for a broke state to collect a few more bucks.

KKiowaTJ
09-20-2013, 06:38 PM
That's why I made the thread. They said its already $120 dollar fine if you don't have it. Kinda BS, But that's how they can rake in limps of $$ from lack of letting the citizens know.
I think we are going next weekend and im sure they will try this time to get us, So ill stop and get one/info as well and see whats up. Most likely as mentioned, Broke state ripping people off. Even if I link says its not in effect, The Henderson county sheriff's dept. says it is and are writing tickets for it and sure a chit don't want to be the first one screwed over.