PDA

View Full Version : all these modification ideas..... r they really worht it???

DoPeExRiDeR20
03-19-2003, 12:29 PM
has anyone had any problems when putting a new cam in... problems as in it starting, timing, idle..etc..., and the same when you mess w/ the main jet and pilot????:confused:

i wanted to put a hotcam stage 1 cam w/ a je high compression piston..... along w/ the pilot at 42 and 163 main jet

JabberJaw
03-19-2003, 12:46 PM
I had no trouble intalling my cam, muffler bearings, and air conditioning, but the transfer case was a b!tch!

Steven
03-19-2003, 02:17 PM
its easy, get a shop manual

4TraxRider
03-19-2003, 03:15 PM
As long as you follow teh directions it's easy.

DoPeExRiDeR20
03-19-2003, 03:18 PM
ok but what i mean is, do u ever have problems after u get them in??? as in the idle, starting it or the timing of it...? has those ever been a prob. since you put yours in??

Ex'r Marlin
03-20-2003, 05:14 AM
Yeah... More than likely you will have some "dialing-in" to do once you have completed the installation. Whether you call this "problems" or having fun getting it dialed-in to your likings, most of us spend several hours breaking the cam/piston in, changing the jets, re-adjusting the valves, test riding, etc.. Some riders/mechanics experience having the need to go back into the engine because they either forgot to put something in, they heard or experienced poor performance, or to confirm they did the install correctly.

In short, I would expect that you will need to have several hours getting the engine/atv dialed in after the install.

Good luck!:)

YZROOSTINYA
03-20-2003, 05:27 AM
mine runs better than it did new, easier to start and pulls like a mo

stocktires
03-20-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by JabberJaw
I had no trouble intalling my cam, muffler bearings, and air conditioning, but the transfer case was a b!tch!

lmao jabber, muffler bearings
I havent got a chance to install my AC and cruise control yet :devil