PDA

View Full Version : where is the best place to get these parts?

400exshop
09-09-2013, 11:04 AM
looking for harden rocker arms, web cam, or curtis sparks cam, for the 400ex, i know you can go on there web site to get them but some times you can go to other site and get the same stuff for a lot less, also whaat cam is the best cam to yu guys witch one do yall like better ?

thanks for your time ps we do buy used parts that are in good shape.

powerbomb400
09-10-2013, 04:25 AM
I love running a stage 2 Hot Cam. You don't have to run hard face rockers. You can run the factory rockers.

JOHNDOE83
09-10-2013, 06:27 AM
I love running a stage 2 Hot Cam. You don't have to run hard face rockers. You can run the factory rockers.

My vote goes for the stage 2 hotcam for the reasons powerbomb mentioned.

A sparks cam or web cam would be slightly different but if you were to use a micrometer the difference would be very minor and the difference in performance wouldnt be much to compare.

Ebay is king for used parts.

There is also the option of customizing a cam, but I wouldnt try it unless I absolutly knew what I was doing and had parts to replace incase something went wrong.

If your looking to up the power a bit more have you tried the +2 valves yet? :muscle:

400exshop
09-10-2013, 11:56 AM
The cams are way diffrent as fare as lift and durations. i have a stage 2 and a stage 3 hot cam. but i just got + 2 custom valves built for the ex and int, we are going to try and run 6.50 in the 1/8 mile, and i have spent the money to have Direct Drive build us 2 lock ups for the 400's. :muscle::muscle:

JOHNDOE83
09-10-2013, 03:15 PM
The cams are way diffrent as fare as lift and durations. i have a stage 2 and a stage 3 hot cam. but i just got + 2 custom valves built for the ex and int, we are going to try and run 6.50 in the 1/8 mile, and i have spent the money to have Direct Drive build us 2 lock ups for the 400's. :muscle::muscle:

Yes they are drastically different but only effective with certain mods....etc. If you used JE to replace all your motor parts and I use weisco but we both bought a stage 2 cam it will be different in mine then yours.

I think really what you may need is max lift and max duration with exhaust and intake for most air flow.

Heres a link to a knowledgeable cams thread with maufacturer lift and duration charts.

http://www.atvriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?224516-Cam-Cams-Camshafts-(400EX)-information