PDA

View Full Version : help drr mod

bone1980
09-08-2013, 06:28 PM
want to use drr frame for 90 mod, can this be done. what motor would be best to use?

09-08-2013, 08:45 PM
Cobra 90 Mod? I just put a KX80 in my son's Drr frame.. Was super simple and a huge diffrence!

Logan #34's Dad
09-08-2013, 08:45 PM
I'm gonna be "THAT GUY". Why would you want to make a mod out of a DRR? The frames are junk (cheap metal) and the geometry is all screwed up. It can be done BUT, once its done the engine will be too fast for the suspension creating a dangerous situation for your rider. So, Basically the frame is limited in suspension travel and strength....

bigdaddy77
09-09-2013, 09:08 AM
I have to agree with Rocky about the DRR being limited on suspension. The kids with 2 Fast motors are having issues with keeping the quads together. You put a Good built 90 stroke motor in these quads and They are Scary fast. As much as I hate to admit it the simplist route seems to be going with a Cobra chassis.Now if your kid is tall you may want to go the JB, DC, Roberts, or Fischer.The Cobra seems to run with all the other mentioned. Good Luck not trying to scare you away from the DRR but don't want to see any kids get hurt.

bone1980
09-09-2013, 09:30 AM
thanks for the honest feedback .my reasoning behind doing this was we have 2 nat built 70 and was looking 4 a cheep way to turn one into a mod. this idea will be scraped now, and keep trying to sell one of them . thanks guys