PDA

View Full Version : Help me bulid my dream quad.

jarfly
09-07-2013, 11:06 PM
Ok so in my ex post some people know my cam and rockers went down. Well today I get on a classified and seen "parting out 400ex" well, Went up to check out what he has. Complete 04 ex just in 10000 parts. Well turns out I ask what he takes for everthing says 400 so for the heck of it I said 300. He took it. So here I am in my cavy going down the 4 lane with a complete ex in the back seat and trunk. So with the frame in the back seat I keep seeing it in my mirror. Thinking, um I got the parts to fix my downed quad, and a roller. So thoughts came and go ever thing from a gixxer powered drag bike to a cr500 trail bike. So I came to a understanding on what I want. I loved a 87 250r I had a few years ago, Loved the power, handleing and that bad bad sound of a 2 stroker.
So I got a 400ex rolling frame I want a 2 stroke TRAIL bike I don't race at all never tried never will.
So this means comfy to ride all day and night. Lights is a MUST! and I don't want them to dim and get brighter with the rpm. I would have to put a battery on it some how.
Now on the go go. I'm 135 pounds at the most so I was thinking a cr 250 or a yz. 250 and if stock power is a problem I can allways hope it up. I'm pretty sure I don't want a 500 Yea stupid power is awesome but like I said I need a trail bike.
as far as the shocks and arms go I want this thing to fill as much like a 250 with a set of +2 arms im pretty sure it had a set of 400 shocks but I know right now my 440 is stock with a 23" tire on it and it fills way to top heavy with shocks on softest seeting.
So Looking for the best help I can get. This is my first quad project. Iv done rocker crawlers, mini trucks. I know how to weld and all of that.