PDA

View Full Version : Got some questions for you XC racers. Especially those in Ky!

cheetah
03-19-2003, 11:25 AM
I want to race cross country this year. This is my first time racing anything and I want to know what I should do. First off, for you Ky people, where do they race XC besides Sparta and Loretta Lynn's? I live about London (Daniel Boone MX) to give you and idea where I am. Secondly, I know nothing about "classes" and I really don't understand it if someone could fill me in. Just take in mind that I have never raced and have a stock motor w/ just the mods listed. That being said, what class would I be qualified for? Is there a class for stock motors? I don't want to get destroyed just because I don't have a load of money in my motor. Can two strokes and four strokes race the same class? And what else do I really need to have before my first race? I figured get a set of skids and that would be about all necessary and I would look at a kill switch. Now give me your advice.

GNCC#829
03-19-2003, 12:41 PM
In GNCC, you should race First Year Racer or Four Stroke C. I raced first year last year. There are really fast guys in whatever class you run. In XC it doesn't matter alot if you have a load of money in your motor. It all comes down to how fast YOU are. From your list of mods, it looks like you already have a pretty good XC machine.:cool:

chavez
03-19-2003, 12:55 PM
i wish i lived in kentucky so that i could tell you lol

cheetah
03-19-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by GNCC#829
In GNCC, you should race First Year Racer or Four Stroke C. I raced first year last year. There are really fast guys in whatever class you run. In XC it doesn't matter alot if you have a load of money in your motor. It all comes down to how fast YOU are. From your list of mods, it looks like you already have a pretty good XC machine.:cool:

Thanks GNCC, I'm gonna get a set of skids, and I have razrs on order. Another thing, would you leave the 14t on a stock machine? I guess that really comes down to how comfortable I am with the gearing, but would it benefit me more to have the slightly taller gears? If so, I would get out and practice with my 15. Thanks for your help man.

EDIT: Never mind, I just looked at your sig, obviously if you run a 14 then you feel it's better.

GNCC#829
03-19-2003, 02:23 PM
I also have 22 inch rear razrs that brings the gearing back close to stock. But if you are used to the 14 then I would stick with it. There have only been a few races that I wished I had taller gearing.

cdalejef
03-20-2003, 01:50 AM
this is the closest XC series you'll find. www.msws.org