PDA

View Full Version : Riding 9/7 in nj/pa/ny......anyone???

screaminta
09-04-2013, 03:23 PM
We have a group of about 7-8 ppl sportquads and dirtbikes that want to ride this Saturday. We are going to head to lost trails but would really like to try something different. I was thinking treverton as I used to have an RAC pass, but I no longer have one and neither does anyone one else. Plus I hear the 5-0 is pretty hot there right now with the new park opening. Anyone else out there planning any trips that we could tag along? Would rather not go any place that is risky with legal issues though. Let me know if you have any ideas within a 3hr drive from north jersey.. Thanks!!!

OldGuyonaQuad
09-04-2013, 07:29 PM
I like this place better then lost trails but no dirt bikes allowed. We went to Trevorton last weekend with no issues but I hear they are cracking down.

http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trails/info/pennsylvania_03352/ride_87f2.htm

screaminta
09-04-2013, 08:59 PM
Thanks for the info, but most of us are not reg/insured. Plus we got the bikes.... Thanks though. I am hoping that the AOAA is legit when it opens up though would love to start headin that way more often without having to worry about passes etc.

OldGuyonaQuad
09-04-2013, 09:14 PM
they don't check for p/w @ the place I posted. Lost trails blows but I guess I would take it in a heart beat if we had something close to that in NJ. I'm with you on the new park @ Trevorton as it would provide marked trails, camp grounds and most importantly trash removal. The new park was to have opened already but I have no reason to believe it will happen anytime soon.

jerseyrider8
12-04-2013, 07:29 PM
^^^^^OldGuyonaQuad,,, Where you located in south jersey ? Where you been riding ?

OldGuyonaQuad
12-09-2013, 08:19 PM
We just went to this place in Va a few weeks ago but it was more technical then what I like. My brother in law says things have cooled down in Wharton State park. He lives off of Rariton Ave. Usually the winters are less patrolled then summer. I am in Bellmawr (the one in SJ) 15 minutes outside of Phila. My quad is down until after the holidays as I need a lower end or replacement engine but I will pick up a pass for Trevorton when they renew in Jan. otherwise take my chances in Wharton and occasionally hit the place I linked above in the Poconos. I hear there is another small spot down near Galloway off the parkway that has been cool but I haven't checked it out yet. There is another spot in Jackson that I like that CJM turned me on to but I have heard that it's hit or miss and they write $275 fines if you get caught. I rode Trevorton 7 times this season and I didn't see any signs of patrol but I have heard they are starting to, maybe we were just lucky each time. where are you located and where do you usually ride? From what I can tell you can ride the streets of Phila too ;) .