PDA

View Full Version : quad will only start with choke closed

Dig989
08-31-2013, 11:06 PM
i took my quad to the carwash, cleaned it up, kinda hesistated to start, but ran alright once started, took it home, wiped it down, started it up rode about fifty feet just fine, then just died, would not start at all the rest of day, came back out the next day and it fired right up , then would eventually bog out and die, then wouldn't start again for awhile, checked all wires , checked valves, coil ,starter still wouldn't fire, but would turn over , the next day, i got it running with the choke closed for a bit, but as soon as i cracked it open just a little bit if would bog and die, it fires right up with choke closed, but will stall after about 10 seconds of reving it a bit,

JOHNDOE83
09-01-2013, 08:15 AM
i took my quad to the carwash, cleaned it up, kinda hesistated to start, but ran alright once started, took it home, wiped it down, started it up rode about fifty feet just fine, then just died, would not start at all the rest of day, came back out the next day and it fired right up , then would eventually bog out and die, then wouldn't start again for awhile, checked all wires , checked valves, coil ,starter still wouldn't fire, but would turn over , the next day, i got it running with the choke closed for a bit, but as soon as i cracked it open just a little bit if would bog and die, it fires right up with choke closed, but will stall after about 10 seconds of reving it a bit,

Clean your carb, if it only fires with the choke on your pilot jet got clogged up.