PDA

View Full Version : Hatfield / McCoy 10/11 - 10/14

OldGuyonaQuad
08-28-2013, 09:16 PM
The dates are flexible and so is the venue depending on response. I gave NH some thought but in the end I decided to go with a known quantity versus an unknown. Indian Ridge offers connectors to Pinnacle Creek and Pocahontas and the trails are well groomed. Besides that fact that the towns are so ATV friendly. We rode miles on the mountain roads on the way back from a long hard day of riding and it was amazing and hassle free. Plus my permit is good until the end of the year. I am not bringing the motor home this time so getting this firmed up asap is imperative due to limited lodging availability. If I don't get a good response I might just try to hook up with JT for the Utah trip. Date is flexible if it means a bigger turn out. Everyone is welcome and don't worry about the old guy keeping up, we ride according to the group and let the younger guys go ahead to the next designated meeting point. The ride from Indian Ridge to Pocahontas had a nice variety that included some long stretches of 5th gear cruising as well as diverse terrain.

The trip will probably run you $400-$500 depending on how far you are and how lavish you want to live.

Blodg
09-02-2013, 07:34 AM
Any idea on what time you would arrive and ride on Oct 11th or whatever Friday you were arriving? My goal all year has been to visit Hatfield McCoy this fall but my son has 5th grade football games every Sunday and I am the coach.
I would consider going to ride on a Thur, and would love to meet up with you and/or someone from the forum to ride on Fri, and half a day on Saturday if it worked out. And I would also be flexible on the dates.

My main riding partners are some guys from work and it doesn't sound like any of them are going to H-M so I would just be by myself or maybe with my older son on sport quads.

OldGuyonaQuad
09-02-2013, 10:36 AM
not sure yet but we would also possibly be open to leaving Thursday as well. I will update this thread later as we get closer and I get more info from my crew.