PDA

View Full Version : No snorkle=what?

EXDUNER127
03-19-2003, 04:04 AM
People are talking about taking off the plastic snorkle, doe s that help any? or should I just leave it on.

Steve-o 400EX
03-19-2003, 04:43 AM
Leave it on, it really doesnt help at all, actually I think it hinders the performance of the quad. I tried it just for the hell of it and it did nothing but keep me from putting my airbox lid back on. I say dont do it.;)

sparks400ex101
03-19-2003, 06:37 AM
im gonna take mine out along with the choke soon

hondaforlife
03-19-2003, 07:05 AM
Take it out if you run without an airbox lid, I took mine out and put a cover from a spray can in the hole backwards and then tightened the clamp back up. This prevents dirt and water from getting in the front of the airbox. People don't always mod their quads just because it's going to make them faster, some people like to get rid of as much weight as possible even if it's only the half pound or so that the snorkel weighs, or taking off the taillight, or removing the tool box, and some people just take off things just for the plain old hell of it.

lilpoppy
03-19-2003, 07:22 AM
I took myne of and I didn't feel any difference at all so it is your call but I don't think I would recomend it.

@Bad465EX
03-19-2003, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by hondaforlife
Take it out if you run without an airbox lid, I took mine out and put a cover from a spray can in the hole backwards and then tightened the clamp back up. This prevents dirt and water from getting in the front of the airbox. People don't always mod their quads just because it's going to make them faster, some people like to get rid of as much weight as possible even if it's only the half pound or so that the snorkel weighs, or taking off the taillight, or removing the tool box, and some people just take off things just for the plain old hell of it.

True True. I did it just for the hell of it. is see no advantage or disadvantage to it.

sparks400ex101
03-19-2003, 12:35 PM
wouldnt the end of the cam be about the same weight as the snorkle itself?:confused2

JabberJaw
03-19-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by EXDUNER127
People are talking about taking off the plastic snorkle, doe s that help any? or should I just leave it on.

That depends on how long you can hold your breath.