PDA

View Full Version : Burns350R Race Report 8-24-13 ... Monster Holeshots

Burns310r
08-26-2013, 05:20 AM
Raced last night at the good ol Hawkeye Downs MX series where im currently leading the points with 1 race to go into the season in the Quad A Open class on my trust TRX250R. P.S. I had a good holeshot in the first moto and wheelied the entire thing, came out second. The second moto holeshot i had everyone by 1.5 bike lengths before the first corner and 5 bikes by the second corner... THANK YOU BDT... I got my jetting spot on for the night. Despite the low power air i had... 90 degrees 65% humidity. But the bike performed flawlessly.

The night went as follows..

MOTO1
Pulled a good second place holeshot and chased the leader for several laps trying to make a hole. I was faster than him in a lot of the sections of the track, but couldnt get around him. I ended up making mistakes and loosing ground trying to find new lines. Which in turn caused me to drop back a couple spots. Okay i dropped back to 5th, but honestly i was faster than the guys that was leading at the time and a couple of the guys that beat me. My last couple laps i made several mistakes that i had trouble recovering from. I also chose the slower side of the woops for some dumb reason i still done know why. The being in the wrong gear for the finish line jump is what started my downward spiral for the rest of the race. Not sure what happend.
Also the track was crap in several corners, the mud was very deep and the bike ruts resulting where 8" deep in spots. This limited passing lines as well as a couple of the bigger jumps on the track. I ended up 5th, but i felt that I did better than that in the race. I shouldn't have fallen so far back, but I did and i just need to come back strong in the second moto.

http://youtu.be/GppkFBgy5vE

MOTO 2
Well boys, Things went right. Decided to give her hell in the hole shot and that BDT motor stepped up to the plate and showed them 4 pokes we meant business. I put 1.5 bikes on everyone from the outside (hard to tell from the video but i had to travel the farthest in the holeshot) and by the time we got on to the track itself i had put 5 bikes on the entire field. HERE is where **** GOES BAD... coming around on the 2nd lap you will see in the video that i slam on my brakes and 2nd/3rd place rocket by me. This is because there is a flagger standing in the middle of my OPTION LANE. I had no where to go and the other 2 guys took the other option lane. I WAS so pissed that she was there. If i had hit the jump i seriously would have decapitated her with my quad. It was the perfect height. So after trying to recover from that i maintained 3rd place and tried to catch back up to second place. I was able to hold on only slipping slightly with minor mess ups here and there. I did miss a gear a couple times, but made far less mistakes than i have in previous races. I ended up 3rd in the moto and a 3rd overall. I think i could have done better than that if my first moto had gone better, and the stupid flag lady had not messed up my entire race.

http://youtu.be/ZOSYi0tbZks

All in all it was a great night of racing. The R ran amazingly despite the high heat and humidity. I want to give a big shout out to all my sponsors this year...

I will probably be letting my R sit out next weekend in preparation for my moto shoot for BUTTER!!! Im going to get her all shined up and check her over real well. I have been having troubles cracking the frame and i think it held up last night, but i dont want to risk anything next weekend since i wont have time to fix it between the race and the video shoot. But after Butter, the R will be going back to active duty as the Flag ship of the KB81 racing team.

Thanks all Enjoy.

Kyle Burnham #81 (AKA BURNS)

Thank you BDT Motorsports,SSI, Oneal Racing, DWT, TAG, Knight Suspension, SVK

08-26-2013, 05:37 AM
Nice!

Burns310r
09-10-2013, 08:10 AM
What is with all the spam

09-10-2013, 11:22 AM
I know, so frustrating.