PDA

View Full Version : New Cross Country series in Texas.

jshtex
03-19-2003, 02:59 AM
There is a new Cross Country racing series starting up in Texas. They had their first race Sunday the 16th. The track was great and the event seemed very well organized. There is still plenty of time to get involved, this is a 10 race series with only 7 counting towards season points. For more info go to www.atvccs.com.

Razorback
03-19-2003, 04:00 AM
How was the turnout? I'm glad to see this kicking in finally. If they would've had this a year ago, I might've never gotten into MX :D but I'm happy with MX now. I know several people who would be interested in the CC series.

jshtex
03-19-2003, 04:04 AM
It was pretty low actually. But they are hoping for big things. There were some classes with only one rider. My son ran in 4 stroke B and there were 4 400 exs and a z400 in his class. But he got first so he had a good time.

ChadEXer
03-19-2003, 04:37 AM
What was the track like there?? Was it real muddy?? I would really like to get into XC, but I dont think the +5 swingarm on my bike right now will do me much good! I wish I would have kept the stock swingarm now!!

jshtex
03-19-2003, 04:48 AM
Actually it was not muddy at all. There were a couple of places where there were small amounts of watter crossing the track but I don't think anyone got stuck "in mud". I don't know that your swingarm would have hurt you too much, There were not a lot of real tight turns. But you would definatly be in the open or pro class with that many cc's. But I am sure you would have been able to hold your own there.

ChadEXer
03-19-2003, 05:51 AM
Well 6 months ago I probably wouldnt even have dared to race a MX or XC race. I got real lazy, ate way to much, and stopped my working out. Now I have been in the Courthouse everyday weight training one day and doing cardio the next so maybe I might be in shape, but I know that stuff is hard!!
Are you guys still plan on putting a 440 in Josh's bike?? I just had another friend buy a 425 kit form TC that were going to be installing this weekend! Tom at TC says with the right porting he should be around 40HP. I got some friend really giving him a good deal,,the kit installed with a TC cam, complete porting and polishing and boring is costing him less than $700!

jshtex
03-20-2003, 03:24 AM
We are still planning on doing it. But right now I need to put a new clutch in it before the mx race at gator. Who is installing the 425 kit, doing the porting and what all is involved, that might be a better choice.

ChadEXer
03-20-2003, 04:21 AM
There is a company here called Matter Machine, not sure if youve heard of it, but Donnie Matter that owns it is a real good friend of mine and has done a lot of work on ATV's for a long time. He is doing the porting\polishing, and boring, but I think my friend just decided he wants to tackle the installation part himself. Donnie will do the port\polish, bore job, and all the installation for $350!! Or $100 port\polish and $40 for the bore I believe. Thats an awesome price!! My friend Jake(mechanic at Fun Motors) was going to do it but he wasnt sure if he could be done by the 29th, he is building 2 440's right now, and he wanted $250-$300 just for the installation!! My friend decided to order a Honda manuel and try to install it all himelf. He bought the 425 kit and cam from my builder TC Racing. So with him installing it all himself its only going to cost him a little less than $500!! The 425 kit will cost at least $100-$200 less than the 440 kit because you dont need the sleeve. Tom at TC says with the right porting the 425 will be VERY strong!! So basically the 425 kit itself(piston and rings and everything else you need except the gaskets) costs about $165 and a cam around $180-$190. A gasket kit will be around $25. Then port\polish, bore, and install!
Have you guys ever considered racing the Texas Sand Drags?? I was reading abouit it in ATV Sport and there going to start it up again this month. Its not head to head drag racing, its bracket racing so your basically racing yourself. The second place winner at the last race was on a stock 300EX,,,he won $1000 for second!! Most of the races are around the Ft Worth area! One thing I have notice when I was at the strip with Josh is that he seems to be very consistent, and thats what it takes to win!!