PDA

View Full Version : best tire for hardsurface

ACracin300ex
03-19-2003, 01:14 AM
i know there are big debates over which tires are best for mx, cross country, and everyone says holeshots or razrs. I just want to know which tire would be the best for riding on paved/dirt roads. To get to the local trails and tracks i have to ride about 5 miles on paved road, so its about 10 miles on hardsurface when i want to go riding. I had turftamers in 18x9.5x8 and 18x11x8 and they held up okay for their price. Which is best on paved surfaces, but will still hook up on dirt? thanks guys. i need to know soon, bc i gotta order tires, mine got no tread :(

02Yellow400
03-19-2003, 10:16 AM
I think the kenda claws are supposed to be pretty good. Holeshots wont hold up so well on the pavement. But i would say kenda claws or razrs. Both are supposed to be great tires.

TravEX
03-19-2003, 10:58 AM
my Razor MX's have held up very well on paved roads, i would recommend Razors,,,

Texan32
03-19-2003, 03:08 PM
I used to have a set of bandits. They were a decient tire. They were a little on the heavy side, but pretty indestructable! They DID NOT do well in sandy conditions. Actually, they suck in the sand. But, i will tell you this. I ran them for over a year. Of that, about 1/4 of that was on paved roads. When the tires "left my posesion", they looked ALMOST new!!!!!!

Despite what other might say, they are a decient tire. I ran a couple of XC races, and i know the factory tires would not have made it. They hooked up decient everywhere EXCEPT sand! They will last FOREVER!!!

KandK952
03-19-2003, 03:11 PM
ill tell you this, if you ride on paved roads a lot then dont get holeshot mx's. i dont know about the other holeshots but mx's wear quick from pavement. (i only ride a mile down the road from my house to my friends track and they go quick.)

4TraxRider
03-19-2003, 03:19 PM
My friend has the bandits on his mojave for about a year, adn thye have yet to wear down noticably. We ride every weekend and he has to ride a mile of paved roads to ride. Holeshots wear out pretty quick on roads, Razr's last pretty well, and the trekkers I have on the back of my zilla seem to wear well on the road and trail.

ACracin300ex
03-20-2003, 02:40 AM
im looking for either an 18 or maybe 20 inche tire. now i have 18 inch holeshots, and they are almost gone. i also have holeshots xc on the front, which will also be replaced. id like to go with either an 18inch rear + 20 inch front, or 20 inch rear+ 20 inch front. where can i find razrs in these size, and for how much? thanks

4TraxRider
03-20-2003, 05:14 AM
Look throught the Rocky Mountain catalouge. They have really good prices on tires and tires pre-mounted on rims.

02Yellow400
03-20-2003, 10:58 AM
I just got me new cataloge today in the mail...Thank god i need some new front tires...lol