PDA

View Full Version : Installing Piston Kit & Cam

GrounD PoundeR
03-19-2003, 01:08 AM
I'm wondering how hard is it to install a piston kit and cam. I know I will need to have my engined bored, but to actually install the piston and cam is it hard? Would the honda manuel cover something like that or not? I'm just wondering if this is something that I would need to have someone else to do or if I would be able to tackle this myself. I cant see it being to hard but I could be wrong.

Appreciate any help.

UglyMotha™
03-19-2003, 01:10 AM
if you have some mechanical ability it will be cake it's the that hard to do specially if you have a service manual which will take you thru it step by step

GrounD PoundeR
03-19-2003, 01:44 AM
What if any specialized tools will I need? I have snap ring pliers and torque wrenchs so that is covered.

UglyMotha™
03-19-2003, 02:09 AM
yup, the only other thing i would recomend is a ring compressor

YZROOSTINYA
03-19-2003, 02:10 AM
SOCKETS:
17MM

ALLEN:
10MM

TORQUE WRENCH
SMALL PHILLIPS
REGULAR PHILLIPS
LARGE PHILLIPS
SMALL FLATHEAD
REGULAR FLATHEAD
RUBBER MALLET
GASKET SCRAPERS AND SOME SCOTCH 3M PADS

GrounD PoundeR
03-19-2003, 03:04 AM
Well I have most of that covered, but what is the rubber mallet for? Breaking the seal?

YZROOSTINYA
03-19-2003, 03:10 AM
breaking the gaskets between cylinder and head and head/base

EvilJester400EX
03-19-2003, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by GrounD PoundeR
but what is the rubber mallet for? Breaking the seal?

Also good for the raging temper when a part won't come off right.

GrounD PoundeR
03-19-2003, 03:24 AM
Kind of figure thats what the mallet was for breaking the seal on the gasket. So my 5 lb. sludge hammer wont work?:D Maybe I can put that nitros fogger system on there why I have it broke open.:eek2:

ChadEXer
03-19-2003, 03:44 AM
Ive got the rubber mallet covered. Its exactly what I use to beat on ***** after I break something! Im ready for you to get that thing together! Are you going to race it on the 29th?? You know Im not even sure if their having drags,,,I know the MX races will be on but it doesnt say anything about drags,,,do you remember if they said they would be having drags??

GrounD PoundeR
03-19-2003, 03:55 AM
I cant remember but I thought you said they are going to do it every week at 1:00 pm. Hey chad we may need to do the building at my house. If my wife has to work its going to f everything up. I will find out tonight when she has to work. And remind her to take the 29th off

ChadEXer
03-19-2003, 04:26 AM
It says every weekend at 1PM on Sat except on special event weekends with something else happening. And on the website it says MX races at 1 PM on Sat?? So Im not sure. I will try to send them an email and ask them!
We need to talk a little more and find out the easiest way to get all this done. Im going to call Donnie and ask him and ask him how much $ and how long it will take him to get your port\polish and bore done. If everything works right maybe we can just take him the cylinder, the head, and the piston kit on Fri and maybe pick it up sometime Sat. He usually leaves around 5, but he owns the place so sometimes he leaves when he wants. Ill just have to see how busy he is, he may be able to do it in a day and he may not.

GrounD PoundeR
03-19-2003, 05:59 AM
Sounds good. I orded a Honda manual and was told it will be sent to my door step in 3 to 4 working days. I'm going to see if my brother can scan some pics of taking it apart so I can get that done as soon as possible.

ChadEXer
03-19-2003, 06:02 AM
Did you get my PM?? You can do it yourself, or we can have Donnie do it all for pretty cheap!! Its all up to you man!!
Let me know