PDA

View Full Version : Backi??

MILF_HUNTER
03-18-2003, 05:10 PM
Sorry for makin a new post but i wanted more people to see it. as far as i know august is a 4 stroke rider correct? Riggs and Bemis also ride thumpers. Jon rides a 4 stroke. Only person riding a two stroke that i know of is Chandler. Will he be the one?? well if these are the guys that are going to try a backie they may have some trubs. all the people who have done backflips to date are all riding two strokes. motocross bikes, sleds etc... I read an article a few years back that Kory Ellis wrote about goin fast on a thumper. "apply alot of throttle in the air is bad news for fourstrokes" not an exact quote but along the lines of it. To do a backflip you need to be wide open in mid air to get the inertia off the tires. and your going to be landing with the throttle on. not a problem for a 2 stroke. all you might do is snap the chain. or so ive been told with excessive throttle upon landing. Land wide open throttle on a thumper and you run the risk of mangling your internals because there is alot more moving parts in a thumper. have these riders forseen this. i guess some have the money to thrash a motor to be famous. Feel free to correct me if im wrong. sorry for the long post just dont want to see sombody uneccisary gettin hurt or wastin some hard earned cash:macho

D-4our
03-18-2003, 05:14 PM
Well as far as i know, wes is gonna be supllying them all with some badarse quads i.e. (2-strokes). and Goebel aslo sold or is selling his 440.

batgeek
03-18-2003, 05:35 PM
first guy on a sled to do a backflip was using a Rotax engine.

MILF_HUNTER
03-18-2003, 05:36 PM
first guy to land a backflip on a sled was jim rippy. he was riding a bonestock 2000 ski doo summit 700. a two stroke:)

batgeek
03-18-2003, 05:38 PM
damn my Canadian friend lied to me!!!

bomb Canada :grr

CHAUNCY
03-18-2003, 05:40 PM
Backflips look very kool but kinda scary. A 2 stroke seems alot easier to bust a flip on than a 4 stroke.

MILF_HUNTER
03-18-2003, 05:43 PM
damn my Canadian friend lied to me!!!

lmao. so much anger:p

D-4our
03-18-2003, 05:47 PM
bomb Canada :grr [/B][/QUOTE]
you said it milf hunter:blah

batgeek
03-18-2003, 05:49 PM
i use anger as a tool :p

MILF_HUNTER
03-18-2003, 05:49 PM
no bombing canada. lol
can't we all just get along.
back to talkin about backie's

batgeek
03-18-2003, 05:50 PM
the hell with backies, lets talk about girls that like "the backdoor" approach!!!

MILF_HUNTER
03-18-2003, 05:53 PM
ah batgeek what are we gonna do with you. i think youve seen a few to many movies. and im not talkin about the pg 13 kind. ever seen that episode of that 70's show were Eric goes for the backdoor. said he seen it on a movie. "everybody looked like they were havin fun"
if all else fails quote TV. a little word of advice
meow mix comercials work great when youve lost all of your attention span. ie homer.

D-4our
03-18-2003, 05:54 PM
wowwe there batgeek, youre fixin to get banned from this forum talkin like that, not that i dont like the topic but...:blah

WildCatRacer
03-18-2003, 06:33 PM
who ever said you need to lay heavy on the throttle to do a backy? I've seen many videos and clips of bikers doing the back flip and they usally throttle up the ramp and half way threw the rotation and they are by no means red lined. just a good healthy amount and they never have the throttle on during the landing unless they are under rotated. In my opinion...I really dont think it will make to much of a difference. when a quad rider does decide to do it, I would like to see them on a thumper, maybe we'll be a step ahead of the bikers for once.

jamiesel
03-18-2003, 08:19 PM
first guy on a sled to do a backflip was using a Rotax engine.

those ARE 2 strokes. Bomb Canada anyway:devil

batgeek
03-18-2003, 08:49 PM
Rotax's come in both 2 and 4 stroke, but since this was recent that the dude did the backie i assumed when my friend told me that it was a 4 stroke Rotax in teh snomo.

bomb Canada ;) :D

MILF_HUNTER: yeah, seen that episode...was laughing so hard my stomach cramped :)

MILF_HUNTER
03-19-2003, 04:38 AM
hey flipper the guys who are doin backflip nowadays on dirt bikes are doin em one of two ways. guys like metz and kaleb are doin it in second gear and are starting there rotation at the start of the ramp and wheeling off of the ramp and continuing their rotation with not as much throttle. then there are other guys like nate adams who do them in first where they kinda do the same thing but start later on in the ramp and rev there bikes like a chainsaw to get the rotation from the back wheel

WildCatRacer
03-19-2003, 04:59 AM
all in all I dont see it being a to much of a problem on a four stroke.

Wired
03-19-2003, 05:08 AM
4 strokes will work ;)

cody anderson
03-19-2003, 05:51 AM
I'M A 2 STROKE RIDER, HOWEVER... AM I GOING TO TRY A BACKI FOR WES... PROBABLY NOT. ALTHOUGH WE DO ALREADY HAVE THE RAMP FOR IT BUILT. AND YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY. IF YOU BUILD IT THEY WIL COME AND DO BACKFLIPS. ER SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

03-19-2003, 05:53 AM
Couple weeks right? Wired?

Wired
03-19-2003, 06:22 AM
thats the plan so far :devil

WildCatRacer
03-19-2003, 12:28 PM
I'd try it with ya, but in to hay or sumthin. Like caleb. we should duct tape cody to his quad with the throttle open and point him at the ramp. he'll forgive us when hes famous.

flyin#5
03-19-2003, 12:44 PM
a 4 stroke would work no prob.

lmao flipper, i could just see him wrapped in duct tape heading dowards a backflip ramp! :eek2: